- Beethoven — Missa solemnis, Op. 123: Kyrie. Assai sostenuto (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Beethoven — Missa solemnis, Op. 123: Gloria. Allegro vivace (Live)
- Beethoven — Missa solemnis, Op. 123: Credo. Allegro ma non troppo (Live)
- Beethoven — Missa solemnis, Op. 123: Sanctus. Adagio (Live)
- Beethoven — Missa solemnis, Op. 123: Agnus Dei. Adagio (Live)
- Anton Barachovsky (Violin)
- Genia Kühmeier (Soprano)
- Elisabeth Kulman (Mezzo-soprano)
- Hanno Muller-Brachmann (Bass Baritone)
- Mark Padmore
Notes & Reviews:
The BR-KLASSIK label has already released several recordings with Bernard Haitink, who has now been connected with the Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks for over 55 years. Following Bruckner's Fifth Symphony, Mahler's Ninth and Haydn's "Creation," BR-KLASSIK now presents a live recording of Ludwig van Beethoven's "Missa Solemnis" - a work performed for the recording market for the first time under the baton of Bernard Haitink. The musical partners of this grand seigneur among world-class conductors are the Choir and Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks as well as a finely coordinated ensemble of soloists, consisting of Genia Kühmeier, Elisabeth Kulman, Mark Padmore and Hanno Müller-Brachmann.
American Record Guide
The soloists are well suited to the bel canto task, especially Kuhmeier and Padmore, who sing sweetly where so many others squawk and bellow. True to Haitink's priorities, the engineering brings the liturgy front and center. Nothing is drowned out by the orchestra... it is the most resolutely prayerful. For that reason, I welcome it to the catalog and to a place of honor on my shelf.
Recording information: Herkulessaal der Residenz, München (09/25/2014-09/26/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Saint-Saëns: Symphony No. 3 "Organ"; Introduction and Rondo capriccioso; La muse et le poète / Noah Geller, violin; Mark Gibbs, cello; Jan Kraybill, organ
Sibelius: The Complete Symphies Nos. 1 - 7; Documentary 'Sort of Sibelus' / Finnish Radio SO, Hannu Lintu (live, Helsinki Music Centre) [3 Blu-ray]
'Poetry in Music' - Choral works of Britten, Howells, Ramsey, Rubbra, Tippett and Tomkins / The Sixteen; Harry Christophers
The Power of Love: Arias from Handel Operas / Amanda Forsythe, soprano; Apollo's Fire Baroque Orchestra; Jeannette Sorrell
Flos Virginum: Motets of the 15th Century by Johannes Touront, Dufay, Martini, Brassart, Puillois, de Sarto, Krafft, Roullet / Stimmwerck
Brahms: String Quartets Nos. 1 & 3 / Artemis Quartet
Mahler: Symphonie Nr. 6 / Bavarian Radio SO, Daniel Harding
A Festival of Fucík: Waltzes, Marches & Polkas / Royal Scottish Nat'l Orch.; Neeme Järvi
Works for Violin & Piano by Reynaldo Hahn & Karol Szymanowski / Tamsin Waley-Cohen, violin; Huw Watkins, piano
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Missa solemnis in D major, Op. 123
- Performers: Anton Barachovsky (Violin); Genia Kühmeier (Soprano); Elisabeth Kulman (Mezzo-soprano); Hanno Muller-Brachmann (Bass Baritone); Mark Padmore
- Conductor: Bernard Haitink
- Ensemble: Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra
- Notes: Herkulessaal der Residenz, München (09/25/2014-09/26/2014)
- Running Time: 63 min. 29 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Choral
- Written: 1819-1823