Paste (magazine) - "Drawing on elements of classic pop songcraft, O'Rourke uses melody a through-line in musical arrangements that shift frequently through instruments and textures, and with enough subtlety that it's easy to miss as the songs scroll by..."
Pitchfork (Website) - "Many of the greatest pleasures on SIMPLE SONGS come from how certain instruments are layered together, how the chords are voiced and the harmonic progressions unfold."
Personnel: Atsuko Hatano (strings); Eiko Ishibashi (piano, organ); Tatsuhisa Yamamoto (drums).
Recording information: Hoshi To Neji; Steamroom Tokyo.
Photographer: Tokio Kuniyoshi.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Two Nice Catholic Boys (Connors, Loren Mazzacane)
- Are You Going to Stop... In Bern (Connors, Loren Mazzacane)
- Plastic Palace People, Vol. 1 (Heeman, Christopher)
- Shinjuku Growl [Digipak] (The Thing)
- Unreleased? [Digipak] (Fire!)
- Plastic Palace People, Vol. 2 (Heeman, Christopher)
- And That's the Story of Jazz... (Chikamorachi)
- Two City Blues, Vol. 2 [Digipak] (Haino, Keiji)