- Alessandra Palomba (Soprano)
- Domenico Balzani (Baritone)
- Elena Ledda (Voice)
- Paoletta Marrocu (Soprano)
- Manrico Signorini (Voice)
- Gianpiero Ruggeri (Baritone)
- Caterina D'angelo (Voice)
- Angelo Villari (Voice)
- Vittoria Lai (Voice)
- Gabriele Mangione (Voice)
- Francesca Pierpaoli (Voice)
- Enrico Zara (Voice)
- Nicola Guagenti (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
I Shardana is set in a free Sardinia, an island where rigorous rules are in force and its people do not tolerate invasions or spiritual contamination, a time when - as Ennio Porrino (b. 1910) specifies in the score - shepherds were warriors and judges, "when man did not believe in one God but in the power of the stars, and worshipped the dead and the waters". The opera's first drafts date from 1934-35, but the work only debuted years later, on 21st March 1959, at the San Carlo theatre in Naples, with its final title of I Shardana and Porrino himself conducting. The composer would die suddenly a few months later.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Teatro Lirico di Cagliari (09/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Music by Albright, Nelhybel, et al / Benjamin, Turnquist
Double Triple Koppel: Anders Koppel (b.1947): Concerto for recorder & saxophone; Triple Concerto for mezzo saxophone, cello & harp / Michala Petri, recorder et al.
Hendrik Andriessen (1892-1981): Symphonic Works, Vol. 3 / Netherlands SO, David Porcelijn
Smith & Handel - G.F. Handel: Overture to 'Riccardo Primo'; J.C. Smith: Six Lessons, Op. 13 / Julian Perkins, harpsichord
Judith Weir (b.1954): Storm, I-V; Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis; Missa del Cid; The Songs Sung True / BBC Singers; Endymion, David Hill
French Recital for Harp & Clarinet - works by Jacques Bouffil (1783-1868), Charles Nicolas Bochsa (1789-1856), Wolff Philippe XIX / Rachel Talitman, harp; Olivier Dartevelli, clarinet
Martin Berteau (1708-1771): Sonatas & Airs for Violoncello / Christophe Coin, Petr Skalka, Felix Knecht, cellos; Markus Hunninger harpsichord
Music by Rachel Laurin (b.1961) / Rachel Laurin, organ; Damian Rivers-Moore, French horn; Caroline Léonardelli, harp
William Hayes: Six Cantatas; Orpheus & Euridice
Works DetailsPorrino, Ennio : I Shardana - Gli uomini dei Nuraghi, opera
- Performers: Alessandra Palomba (Soprano); Domenico Balzani (Baritone); Elena Ledda (Voice); Paoletta Marrocu (Soprano); Manrico Signorini (Voice); Gianpiero Ruggeri (Baritone); Caterina D'angelo (Voice); Angelo Villari (Voice); Vittoria Lai (Voice); Gabriele Mangione (Voice); Francesca Pierpaoli (Voice); Enrico Zara (Voice); Nicola Guagenti (Voice)
- Conductor: Anthony Bramall
- Running Time: 7 min. 10 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Opera/Operetta