1 800 222 6872

Polonica - Lute music with Polish Connections around 1600 / Michal Gondko, Renaissance lute

Audio Samples

  1. Długoraj Lute Book: Eiusdem nationis, p. 405 $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Długoraj Lute Book: Chorea polonica, p. 404 $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Długoraj Lute Book: Eiusdem, p. 407 $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Długoraj Lute Book: Cantio polonica, p. 489 $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Tabulatura: No. 1, Polnischer Tantz (Waissel 1591) $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Tabulatura: No. 33, Polnischer Tantz (Waissel 1591) $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Tabulatura: No. 10, Polnischer Tantz (Waissel 1591) $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Tabulatura: No. 19, Polnischer Tantz (Waissel 1591) $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Tabulatura: No. 13, Polnischer Tantz (Waissel 1591) $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Długoraj Lute Book: Villanella AD, p. 518 $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Długoraj Lute Book: Villanella polonica, p. 481 $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Thesaurus harmonicus: Finale Alberti Długoraj, f. 36r $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Długoraj Lute Book: Chorea polonica, p. 393 $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Długoraj Lute Book: Chorea polonica AD, p. 407 $0.99 on iTunes
  15. Długoraj Lute Book: Chorea polonica, p. 368 $0.99 on iTunes
  16. Fantasia AD (Based on Długoraj Lute Book, p. 58 & Mertel 1615, p. 190) $0.99 on iTunes
  17. Arpinus Lute Book: Polskey tanecz welmy pekney, p. 39 $0.99 on iTunes
  18. Fabricius Lute Book: Polnisch Tantz, f. 83v $0.99 on iTunes
  19. Ein polnischer Tantz (Bathori) [Based on Wurstisen Lute Book, p. 237] $0.99 on iTunes
  20. Thesaurus harmonicus: Praeludium Diomedis, f. 4v $0.99 on iTunes
  21. Chilesotti Lute Book: No. 9, Gallarda di Diomede $0.99 on iTunes
  22. Chilesotti Lute Book: No. 42, Danza $0.99 on iTunes
  23. Genova MS M.VIII.24: Caspari poloni Gagliarda, f. 127r $0.99 on iTunes
  24. Thesaurus harmonicus: Fantasia Alberti Długoraj Poloni, f. 27r $0.99 on iTunes
  25. Il secondo libro de intavolatura di liuto: Ballo polaco, p. 106 (Terzi 1599) $0.99 on iTunes
  26. Wurstisen Lute Book: Chorea polonica AF, p. 294 "Mówi na mię sąsiada" $0.99 on iTunes
  27. Nauerclerus Lute Book: Ein polnischer Tantz (Zuzanneczko), f. 38v $0.99 on iTunes
  28. Secretum musarum I: Chançon a la polonnoise "Susannesco", p. 94 $0.99 on iTunes
  29. Secretum musarum I: Autre taned spolski, p. 94 $0.99 on iTunes
  30. MS Danzig 4022: Balletto polacho, f. 20v $0.99 on iTunes
  31. MS Danzig 4022: Balletto polacho, f. 28v $0.99 on iTunes
  32. MS Danzig 4022: Balletto polacho, f. 29v $0.99 on iTunes
  33. MS Danzig 4022: Balletto polacho, f. 30v $0.99 on iTunes
  34. MS Danzig 4022: Balletto polacho, f. 32r $0.99 on iTunes
  35. Florilegium: Allemande (Bathori), f. 35v $0.99 on iTunes
  36. Haslemere MS II.B.1: Taned spolski, f. 247v $0.99 on iTunes
  37. Novus partus: Galliarda eiusdem authoris, p. 37 $0.99 on iTunes
  38. Thesaurus harmonicus: Fantasia Iacobi Reys, f. 21r $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Anonymous : Chorea Eisudem Nationis, Polish dance for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
>Anonymous : Chorea Polonica, for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Chorea Polonica eiusdem authoris, for lute
>Anonymous : Cantio polonica (ii), for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 1, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 33, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 10, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 19, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 13, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Villanella AD, for lute
>Anonymous : Villanella polonica, for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Finale Alberti Dlugoai, for lute
>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Chorea polonica AD, for lute
>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Fantasia AD, for lute
>Anonymous : Polskey tanecz welmy pekney, for lute (from the lute book of Johannes Arpinus, the younger)
>Anonymous : Polnisch Tantz, for lute (from the lute book of Petrus Fabricius)
>Anonymous : Ein Polnischer Tantz (Bathori dance), for lute (from the lute book of Emanuel Wurstisen)
>Cato, Diomedes : Praeludium Diomedis, for lute
>Cato, Diomedes : Galliarda di Diomede, for ltue
>Anonymous : Danza, polacca, for lute (from the lute book of Bassano di Grappa)
>Sielicki, Kasper : Caspari Poloni Gagliarda, for lute
>Anonymous : Fantasia Alberti Dlugorai Poloni, for lute (from J.-B. Besard's "Thesaurus Harmonicus")
>Anonymous : A Pollish Vilanell, for lute (from T. Hume's "The First Part of Ayres")
>Anonymous : A Polish Ayre, for lute (from T. Hume's "The First Part of Ayres")
>Anonymous : Ballo Polaco, for lute (from G.A. Terzi's "Il secondo libro de intavolatura di liuto")
>Anonymous : Chorea polonica Mówi na mie sasiada AF, for lute (from the lute book of Emanuel Wurstisen)
>Anonymous : Ein polnischer Tantz, for lute (from the lute book of Johannes Nauclerus)
>Vallet, Nicolas : Chançon a la Polonnoise Susannesco, for lute (Secretum Musarum, 1615)
>Vallet, Nicolas : Autre Taned Spolski, for lute (Secretum Musarum, 1615)
>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 20v)
>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 28v)
>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 29v)
>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 30v)
>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 32r)
>Anonymous : Allemande, Bathori dance for lute (from A. Denss's "Florilegium")
>Anonymous : Taned Spolski, for lute (from the lute book of Haslemere)
>Reys, Jakub : Galliarda eiusdem authoris, for lute (from J.-B. Besard's "Novus Partus")
>Anonymous : Fantasia Iacobi Reys, for lute (from J.-B. Besard's "Thesaurus Harmonicus")
Composers

Notes & Reviews:

In addition to the works attributed to the lutenists active at the Royal Polish court in the late sixteenth century, there is a substantial repertoire of compositions identified as 'Polish dances' or 'Polish songs' which have been preserved in numerous sources of late Renaissance lute music. Characterized by an irresistible melodic charm and a straightforward harmonic and rhythmical texture, such musical polonica spread across Europe, achieving what might have been the widest distribution of musical 'Polishness' before Chopin. Four hundred years later, Polish lutenist Michal Gondko sets out to trace polonica in lute tablatures from around 1600, and presents a selection of forty compositions, many of which have not been previously recorded.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Church of Notre-Dame de l'Assomption, Basse-Bodeux, Bel (10/2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Anonymous : Chorea Eisudem Nationis, Polish dance for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1619

>Anonymous : Chorea Polonica, for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1619

>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Chorea Polonica eiusdem authoris, for lute
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Anonymous : Cantio polonica (ii), for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1619

>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 1, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 33, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 10, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 19, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Polnischer Tantz no 13, for lute (from M. Waissel's "TABVLATVRA")
  • Running Time: 2 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Villanella AD, for lute
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Anonymous : Villanella polonica, for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1619

>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Finale Alberti Dlugoai, for lute
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Anonymous : Chorea Polonica, for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1619

>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Chorea polonica AD, for lute
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Anonymous : Chorea Polonica, for lute (from the Dlugoraj Lute Book)
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1619

>Dlugoaj, Alberti : Fantasia AD, for lute
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Anonymous : Polskey tanecz welmy pekney, for lute (from the lute book of Johannes Arpinus, the younger)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: after 1585

>Anonymous : Polnisch Tantz, for lute (from the lute book of Petrus Fabricius)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1605-1608

>Anonymous : Ein Polnischer Tantz (Bathori dance), for lute (from the lute book of Emanuel Wurstisen)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1591

>Cato, Diomedes : Praeludium Diomedis, for lute
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Cato, Diomedes : Galliarda di Diomede, for ltue
  • Running Time: 1 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Danza, polacca, for lute (from the lute book of Bassano di Grappa)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Sielicki, Kasper : Caspari Poloni Gagliarda, for lute
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Medieval

>Anonymous : Fantasia Alberti Dlugorai Poloni, for lute (from J.-B. Besard's "Thesaurus Harmonicus")
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : A Pollish Vilanell, for lute (from T. Hume's "The First Part of Ayres")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : A Polish Ayre, for lute (from T. Hume's "The First Part of Ayres")
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Ballo Polaco, for lute (from G.A. Terzi's "Il secondo libro de intavolatura di liuto")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Chorea polonica Mówi na mie sasiada AF, for lute (from the lute book of Emanuel Wurstisen)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1591

>Anonymous : Ein polnischer Tantz, for lute (from the lute book of Johannes Nauclerus)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: 1607-1615

>Vallet, Nicolas : Chançon a la Polonnoise Susannesco, for lute (Secretum Musarum, 1615)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Vallet, Nicolas : Autre Taned Spolski, for lute (Secretum Musarum, 1615)
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 20v)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 28v)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 29v)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 30v)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Balletto Polacho, for lute (Ms. Danzig 4022, f. 32r)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Allemande, Bathori dance for lute (from A. Denss's "Florilegium")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Taned Spolski, for lute (from the lute book of Haslemere)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1620

>Reys, Jakub : Galliarda eiusdem authoris, for lute (from J.-B. Besard's "Novus Partus")
  • Running Time: 1 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Fantasia Iacobi Reys, for lute (from J.-B. Besard's "Thesaurus Harmonicus")
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance