- Peter Lieuwen — Overland Dream for Clarinet, Violin, Cello and Piano
- Peter Lieuwen — Sonata for Guitar: I. Fiero $0.99 on iTunes
- Peter Lieuwen — Sonata for Guitar: II. Tranquillo $0.99 on iTunes
- Peter Lieuwen — Sonata for Guitar: III. Vivace $0.99 on iTunes
- Peter Lieuwen — Windjammer for Woodwind Quintet
- Peter Lieuwen — Rhapsody for Violin and Piano
- Peter Lieuwen — Overland Dream For Clarinet, Violin, Cello And Piano
- Peter Lieuwen — Sonata For Guitar: I. FieroII. Tranquillo $1.29 on iTunes
- Peter Lieuwen — Sonata For Guitar: II. Tranquillo $1.29 on iTunes
- Peter Lieuwen — Sonata For Guitar: III. Vivace $1.29 on iTunes
- Peter Lieuwen — Windjammer For Woodwind Quintet
- Peter Lieuwen — Rhapsody For Violin And Piano
Notes & Reviews:
The music of Peter Lieuwen has been commissioned, performed and recorded by orchestras, small ensembles and artists throughout North America and Europe. He is on the faculty of Texas A&M University. This is the first recording in a series on MSR devoted to his music.
American Record Guide, September/October 2015
The Rhapsody for violin and piano is the lushest, most song-like work, with a soaring violin line played with passion by Andrzej Grabiec. Like Overland Dream, it concludes with a dreamlike jazz chord. The wittiest piece in this upbeat program is Windjammer, a neo-classical exercise full of piquant harmonies and bright colors for wind quintet. All the players seem to be enjoying themselves. The recording is vibrant and clear, just right for the music. The music sounds like it's coming from inside the instrument.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Alec Wilder (1907-1980): Woodwind Quintets Nos. 5, 7, 8, 10 & 12 / Solaris Wind Quintet
Autumn of the Soul: Guitar Works of Castelnuovo-Tedesco, Asencio, Gilardino, Tansman & Breville / Lorenzo Micheli, guitar
Giorgio Mirto: Norwegian Memories; Gisle Krogseth: Viking Concerto / Giorgio Mirto, guitar
Couleurs d'un rêve (Colors of a Dream) - works by Milhaud, Defontaine, Peterson, Eychenne, Tchaikovsky, Gershwin, Piazzolla / Fratres Trio
Various Artists: A New Life: Private, Independent and Youth Jazz in Great Britain 1966
Overture - from the Hamburg Opera: Works by Georg Caspar Schürmann, Philipp Heinrich Erlebach, Reinhard Keiser, Handel, Johann Christian Schieferdecker / Akademie für Alte Music Berlin
Schoenberg: Gurre-Lieder / Alwyn Mellor, soprano; Anna Larsson, mezzo; Stuart Skelton, tenor; Wolfgang Ablinger-Sperrhacke, tenor; James Creswell, bass; Sir Thomas Allen, speaker