1 800 222 6872

Handel: The Complete Solo Sonatas for Wind Instruments / Barthold Kuijken (flute), Peter Van Heyghen (recorder), Marcel Ponseele (Oboe), Wieland Kuijken (Gamba), Richte Van Der Meer (Cello), et al.

Album Summary

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, HWV 359a/Op. 1 no 1
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in G major, HWV 363b/Op. 1 no 5
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso continuo in B minor, HWV 367b/Op. 1 no 9
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in D major, HWV 378
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 374 "Halle"
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Halle Sonata no 2), HWV 375 (possibly spurious)
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in B minor (Halle Sonata no 3), HWV 376 (possibly spurious)
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Op.1/1a), HWV 379
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso continuo in G minor, HWV 360/Op. 1 no 2
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in F major, HWV 369/Op. 1 no 11
>Handel, George Frideric : Recorder Sonata in D minor, Op.1/9a, HWV 367a
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in B flat major, HWV 377
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in C major, HWV 365/Op. 1 no 7
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 362/Op. 1 no 4
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Oboe and Basso Continuo in C minor, HWV 366/Op. 1 no 8
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Oboe in B flat major (Fitzwilliam), HWV 357
>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Oboe and Basso Continuo in F major "Hautb. Solo del Sr. Hendel"
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Handel's solo sonatas exist in versions for various wind instruments as well as for violin, in some cases differing in their respective keys and number of movements. Many were reworked in later printed editions so that they would be playable on the transverse flute, an instrument that was becoming ever more popular in England at that time. This release of the complete wind sonatas takes into account the different versions of the pieces. The soloists are proven experts in their field: flutist Barthold Kuijken, recorder player Peter Van Heyghen and oboist Marcel Ponseele.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in E minor, HWV 359a/Op. 1 no 1
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 6 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in G major, HWV 363b/Op. 1 no 5
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 7 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso continuo in B minor, HWV 367b/Op. 1 no 9
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 13 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1725-1726

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in D major, HWV 378
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 5 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1707

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 374 "Halle"
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 11 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Halle Sonata no 2), HWV 375 (possibly spurious)
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 6 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1730

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in B minor (Halle Sonata no 3), HWV 376 (possibly spurious)
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 6 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Flute in E minor (Op.1/1a), HWV 379
  • Performers: Robert Kohnen (Harpsichord); Wieland Kuijken
  • Running Time: 11 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1727-1728

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso continuo in G minor, HWV 360/Op. 1 no 2
  • Performers: Peter Heyghen (Recorder); Kris Verhelst (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725-1726

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in F major, HWV 369/Op. 1 no 11
  • Performers: Peter Heyghen (Recorder); Kris Verhelst (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725-1726

>Handel, George Frideric : Recorder Sonata in D minor, Op.1/9a, HWV 367a
  • Performers: Peter Heyghen (Recorder); Kris Verhelst (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 13 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725-1726

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in B flat major, HWV 377
  • Performers: Peter Heyghen (Recorder); Kris Verhelst (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1724-1725

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in C major, HWV 365/Op. 1 no 7
  • Performers: Peter Heyghen (Recorder); Kris Verhelst (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725-1726

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Recorder and Basso Continuo in A minor, HWV 362/Op. 1 no 4
  • Performers: Peter Heyghen (Recorder); Kris Verhelst (Harpsichord)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725-1726

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Oboe and Basso Continuo in C minor, HWV 366/Op. 1 no 8
  • Performers: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord); Marcel Ponseele [Conductor/Oboe] (Oboe); Richte Van der Meer (Cello)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1711

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Oboe in B flat major (Fitzwilliam), HWV 357
  • Performers: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord); Marcel Ponseele [Conductor/Oboe] (Oboe); Richte Van der Meer (Cello)
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1709.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1709

>Handel, George Frideric : Sonata for Oboe and Basso Continuo in F major "Hautb. Solo del Sr. Hendel"
  • Performers: Ewald Demeyere (Harpsichord); Marcel Ponseele [Conductor/Oboe] (Oboe); Richte Van der Meer (Cello)
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1714.
  • Running Time: 6 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1714