- Bruckner — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, WAB 109 (Original 1894 Version): I. Feierlich, misterioso [Live]
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, WAB 109 (Original 1894 Version): II. Scherzo. Bewegt, lebhaft - Trio. Schnell [Live]
- Bruckner — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, WAB 109 (Original 1894 Version): III. Adagio. Langsam feierlich [Live]
Notes & Reviews:
Anton Bruckner began work on his last, masterful symphony, as usual, immediately following the completion of his previous work in summer, 1887. He worked for nine years on his truly monumental Ninth, which he himself viewed as the last will and crowning of his symphonic production, but it was incomplete at his death in 1896. Simone Young has been Artistic Director of the Hamburg State Opera and Chief Music Director of the Hamburg Philharmonic since August 2005, conducting a broad musical spectrum of premieres and repertoire performances ranging from the classical to the modern eras.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Laeiszhalle Hamburg (10/25/2014-10/27/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Liszt: Fantaisie und Fuge; Sonata in B minor
Rachmaninoff: 24 Preludes / Dmitri Levkovich, piano
Franz Joseph Haydn & Domenico Scarlatti: Chiaro e scuro, sonatas & partitas for keyboard / Olivier Cavé, piano
Richard Danielpour: 'Ancient Voices' - Darkness in the Ancient Valley, symphony (2011); Toward a Season of Peace (2012) / Hila Plitmann, soprano
Franz Liszt, Vol. 2 / Garrick Ohlsson, piano
Brett Dean: The Lost Art of Letter Writing; Testament; Vexations and Devotions / Peter Zimmerman, violin; Brabbins; Nott
Romantic Sonatas - Works by Rachmaninov, Grieg & Liszt / Boris Giltburg, piano
Music of Daniel Bukvich / Nicholas Orovich, trombone; University of New Hampshire Wind Symphony
Brahms: Symphonies nos 3 & 4 / Simone Young, Hamburg PO
Works DetailsBruckner, Anton : Symphony no 9 in D minor, WAB 109
- Conductor: Simone Young
- Ensemble: Philharmoniker Hamburg
- Notes: Laeiszhalle Hamburg (10/25/2014-10/27/2014)
- Running Time: 58 min. 18 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1887-1896