- Ekaterina Siurina (Soprano)
- Erwin Schrott (Bass)
- Matthew Polenzani (Tenor)
- Christopher Maltman (Baritone)
- Anatolij Kotscherga (Bass)
- Alex Esposito (Baritone)
- Annette Dasch (Soprano)
- Dorothea Röschmann (Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
In the dense forest planted on the stage of the Haus fur Mozart by director Claus Guth is the home of the rugged macho Don Giovanni. Assisted by his unsavory accomplice Leporello, he lures the ladies with the heady scent of danger. Christopher Maltman embodies Don Giovanni as an almost reluctant seducer - a man fated to bring misery to women and, ultimately, to himself. He heads an outstanding cast for a production that, by its very originality, demonstrates the strength of Mozart's original conception.
"Claus Guth has indeed created a masterpiece. Without doubt the best staging of Don Giovanni I have yet seen, whether live or on DVD... Erwin Schrott is simply superb as the selfabsorbed, hallucinated Leporello. Everything revolves around him. He is a fabulous physical comedian - one of the best I've seen on stage. His Leporello was anything but ordinary and he was the undisputed star of the evening... The always stylish Dorothea Roschmann was probably the best singer of the evening though she seemed maximally challenged as Donna Elvira, together with the excellent Pavel Breslik, who managed to infuse some life into Don Ottavio." -MostlyOpera.blogspot.comNotes & Reviews:
Run Time: 177 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): LPCM Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.0, DTS 5.0
Subtitles: Italian, English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsMozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Don Giovanni, K 527
- Performers: Ekaterina Siurina (Soprano); Erwin Schrott (Bass); Dorothea Röschmann (Soprano); Matthew Polenzani (Tenor); Christopher Maltman (Baritone); Anatolij Kotscherga (Bass); Alex Esposito (Baritone); Annette Dasch (Soprano)
- Conductor: Bertrand De Billy
- Ensemble: Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1787