- Linda Watson (Soprano)
- Irmgard Vilsmaier (Soprano)
- Manuela Uhl (Soprano)
- Carsten Sabrowski (Bass)
- Jane Henschel (Mezzo Soprano)
- Albert Dohmen (Baritone)
- Andreas Hörl (Bass)
- René Kollo (Tenor)
- Jörg Schneider (Tenor)
Notes & Reviews:
Conducted by Christian Thielemann, this performance was the sensation of the 2010 Baden-Baden Festival. A one-act masterpiece inspired by Greek mythology, it is a dense, jagged cry for justice and vengeance. With its powerfully expressive chords, spooky waltz rhythms and mad dance of triumph, it shakes the audience to the core. Herbert Wernicke's legendary production for the Bayerische Staatsoper stands out for its clear lines, classical structural elements and striking colour contrasts. Linda Watson, one of the great Wagnerian sopranos of today, superbly masters her role debut as Elektra, one of opera's most demanding roles.
Wernicke's direction and sets, and Henschel's extraordinary Klytämnestra, offer more than sufficient compensation... worth treasuring.
Run Time: 126 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): LPCM 2.0, DTS 5.0 Surround
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsStrauss, Richard : Elektra
- Performers: Linda Watson (Soprano); Irmgard Vilsmaier (Soprano); Manuela Uhl (Soprano); Jörg Schneider (Tenor); Carsten Sabrowski (Bass); René Kollo (Tenor); Jane Henschel (Mezzo Soprano); Andreas Hörl (Bass); Albert Dohmen (Baritone)
- Conductor: Christian Thielemann
- Ensemble: Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1906-1908