- Alain Vernhes (Baritone)
- Bernard Richter (Tenor)
- Susanne Resmark (Mezzo Soprano)
- Soile Isokoski (Soprano)
- Hélène Guilmette (Soprano)
- Susan Gritton (Soprano)
- Sylvie Brunet (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
On stage for the first time at the Bayerische Staatsoper in Munich comes the opera which solidified Poulenc's reputation as a composer of fine vocal music. Dialogues des Carmelites tells the story of a young noblewoman, Blanche, as she enters a Carmelite monastery. When the French Revolution occurs, Blanche's convent becomes government property and her sisters are condemned to death. Based on a historical account, Dialogues des Carmelites is a story of patriotism, faith and a powerful ode to the dignity of human life.
"[the production is] set in a soulless authoritarian state but filmed in a way that underlines individual dilemmas and common humanity. It is worth watching for Sylvie Brunet's doughty Madame de Croissy, Soile Isokoski's gracious Madame Lidoine and Susan Gritton's winning Blanche." -Financial Times***Notes & Reviews:
Run Time: 152 min.
Picture Format: Blu-Ray, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): LPCM Stereo, DTS HD
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsPoulenc, Francis : Dialogues des carmélites
- Performers: Alain Vernhes (Baritone); Bernard Richter (Tenor); Susanne Resmark (Mezzo Soprano); Soile Isokoski (Soprano); Hélène Guilmette (Soprano); Susan Gritton (Soprano); Sylvie Brunet (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Kent Nagano
- Ensemble: Bayerische Staatsorchester
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1953-1956