- Antonino Siragusa
- Olga Peretyatko (Soprano)
- Andrea Concetti (Bass)
- Daniela Barcellona (Mezzo Soprano)
Notes & Reviews:
Early Rossini has a youthful, buoyant vibrancy about it, even in the dark swirls of drammi per musica like Sigismondo. The work, centered on a mad king and his delusions, was rarely played after its premiere in 1814. This performance marked the first from the critical new edition at the 2010 Rossini Opera Festival in Pesaro and was hailed as a "perfect symbiosis of music and stage work" resulting in "truly brilliant theatre." Complete with a cast of sought-after Rossini singers, this is not to be missed.Notes & Reviews:
Run Time: 183 min.
Picture Format: NTSC, 16:9, Color
Sound Format(s): PCM Stereo, DD 5.1
Subtitles: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
Country of Origin: Germany
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsRossini, Gioachino : Sigismondo
- Performers: Antonino Siragusa; Olga Peretyatko (Soprano); Andrea Concetti (Bass); Daniela Barcellona (Mezzo Soprano)
- Conductor: Michele Mariotti
- Ensemble: Teatro Comunale di Bologna Symphony Orchestra
- Running Time: 183 min. sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1814
- Studio/Live: Studio