1 800 222 6872

'Alma, svegliate ormai' - 16th- & 17th-Century Italian Devotional Music / Anonima Frottolisti

Album Summary

>Anonymous : Deh, fusse pur qui meco
>Brochus, Johannes : Alma, svegliate ormai, laud (contrafactum of "Deh, fusse pur qui meco")
>Busnois, Antoine : Fortuna desperata
>Albizzi, Francesco Degli : Poi che t'ebi nel core, laud (contrafactum of "Fortuna desperata")
>Anonymous : Visin, Visin, carnival song
>Belcari, Feo : Gesù, Gesù, Gesù, laud (contrafactum of "Visin, visin, visin")
>Desprez, Josquin : In te Domini speravi, frittola or motet for 4 parts
>Giambullari, Bernardo : A te, Virgo, ognor clamavi, laud (contrafactum of Des Prez's "In te, Domine, speravi")
>Anonymous : Iamo alla Caccia
>Anonymous, Italian : Iamo a Maria, laud (contrafactum of "Iamo a la caccia")
>Anonymous, French : J'ay pris amours à 3
>Giustiniani, Leonardo : Madre che festi Colui che te fece, laud (contrafactum of "J'ay pris amours")
>Anonymous : J'ai pris amours/ De tous biens à 4
>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
>Belcari, Feo : Di tutto ben se' fonte, eterno Iddio, laud (contrafactum of Ghizeghem's "De tous biens plaine est ma
>Franci : Parce Domine, laud
>Anonymous, Italian : I'son più mal maritata, frottola
>Anonymous, Italian : Io son più perfida ingrata, laud (contrafactum of "I'son più mal maritata")
>Anonymous, Italian : Se tuo servo Amor mi fe', frottola
>Castellani, Castellano : S'io mori' in croce per te, laud (contrafactum of "Se tuo servo Amor mi fe'")
>Tromboncino, Bartolomeo : Se ben hor non scopro el foco
>Belcari, Feo : L'oration è sempre bona, laud (contrafactum of Tromboncino's "Se ben hor non scorpor el foco")
Ensemble Composers
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >

Notes & Reviews:

On this CD the experienced Anonima Frottolisti Ensemble, a group specializing in early music and medieval, faces a very little performed yet very interesting repertoire: the “contrafacta”, compositions in which the lyrics and the melodies are mixed in a diverse blend of sacred and profane. Starting from the twelfth century, these two seemingly opposing worlds have different points of contact in the custom to use secular texts on sacred melodies. Later, however, the trend is the opposite: popular melodies in vogue at the time are filled with liturgical and spiritual texts, thus becoming an effective mean to lead people to faith and to the knowledge of the scriptures.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Chiesa di San Vitale Assisi (08/2014).

Includes accueilly m'a la belle (firminus caron) / a marie by various composers.

Includes ben venga maggio (angelo poliziano) / nel tuo furo by various composers.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Anonymous : Deh, fusse pur qui meco
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Brochus, Johannes : Alma, svegliate ormai, laud (contrafactum of "Deh, fusse pur qui meco")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Busnois, Antoine : Fortuna desperata
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Notes: Composition written: Circa 1470.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1470

>Albizzi, Francesco Degli : Poi che t'ebi nel core, laud (contrafactum of "Fortuna desperata")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 4 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Visin, Visin, carnival song
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 5 sec.

>Belcari, Feo : Gesù, Gesù, Gesù, laud (contrafactum of "Visin, visin, visin")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Desprez, Josquin : In te Domini speravi, frittola or motet for 4 parts
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: circa 1500-1521

>Giambullari, Bernardo : A te, Virgo, ognor clamavi, laud (contrafactum of Des Prez's "In te, Domine, speravi")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : Iamo alla Caccia
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, Italian : Iamo a Maria, laud (contrafactum of "Iamo a la caccia")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 4 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, French : J'ay pris amours à 3
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Form: Choral

>Giustiniani, Leonardo : Madre che festi Colui che te fece, laud (contrafactum of "J'ay pris amours")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous : J'ai pris amours/ De tous biens à 4
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.

>Ghizeghem, Hayne van : De tous biens plaine
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Written: circa 1470-1480

>Belcari, Feo : Di tutto ben se' fonte, eterno Iddio, laud (contrafactum of Ghizeghem's "De tous biens plaine est ma
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Franci : Parce Domine, laud
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, Italian : I'son più mal maritata, frottola
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, Italian : Io son più perfida ingrata, laud (contrafactum of "I'son più mal maritata")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Anonymous, Italian : Se tuo servo Amor mi fe', frottola
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Castellani, Castellano : S'io mori' in croce per te, laud (contrafactum of "Se tuo servo Amor mi fe'")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Tromboncino, Bartolomeo : Se ben hor non scopro el foco
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Belcari, Feo : L'oration è sempre bona, laud (contrafactum of Tromboncino's "Se ben hor non scorpor el foco")
  • Ensemble: Anonima Frottolisti
  • Running Time: 3 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance