1 800 222 6872

Harmonische Freude: Works for Baroque Oboe, Trumpet and Chamber Organ by Krebs, J.S. Bach, Homilius, Tag, G.F. Kauffmann. Austral Harmony

Album Summary

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Fantasia on "Wachet Auf, Ruft Uns die Stimme", for trumpet & organ
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Praeambulum for organ in C major (from Piecen)
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Gott der Vater wohn' uns bei
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia super "Jesu, meine Freude", BWV 713
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Jesu, meine Freude, chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung, Part I, no 13)
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Sonata for oboe & continuo, HoWV 11.1
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen gmein, chorale for organ (decorated cantus firmus)
>Tag, Christian Gotthilf : Nun danket Alle Gott - nun freut euch
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for Organ no 3 in D minor, BWV 527
>Kauffmann, Georg F. : Ach Gott vom Himmel sieh darein
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Fantasia for oboe & organ in F minor
>Kauffmann, Georg F. : Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ, for oboe & organ (from Harmonische Seelenlust)
>Kauffmann, Georg F. : Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern, chorale for corno da caccia & organ
Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Harmonische Freude features chamber music by Johann Sebastian Bach and his extended circle, played on authentic period instruments by Austral Harmony. Taking its name from an early collection of Australian poetry, the Australian ensemble, specialists in eighteenth-century music, presents innovatively designed programs and promote less familiar repertoire. This is its first recording on Chandos.

Gramophone Magazine, September 2015
Some instruments work better together than others and the oboe occasionally overpowers the organ. Nevertheless, beautifully, joyously performed, this is a thought-provoking disc I look forward to revisiting and sharing with friends.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Fantasia on "Wachet Auf, Ruft Uns die Stimme", for trumpet & organ
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Praeambulum for organ in C major (from Piecen)
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Gott der Vater wohn' uns bei
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1743

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fantasia super "Jesu, meine Freude", BWV 713
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Jesu, meine Freude, chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung, Part I, no 13)
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, chorale prelude for trumpet (or horn or oboe) & organ, HoWV
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Sonata for oboe & continuo, HoWV 11.1
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Nun freut euch, lieben Christen gmein, chorale for organ (decorated cantus firmus)
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Tag, Christian Gotthilf : Nun danket Alle Gott - nun freut euch
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Trio Sonata for Organ no 3 in D minor, BWV 527
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Kauffmann, Georg F. : Ach Gott vom Himmel sieh darein
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Fantasia for oboe & organ in F minor
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Kauffmann, Georg F. : Gelobet seist du, Jesu Christ, for oboe & organ (from Harmonische Seelenlust)
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1733

>Kauffmann, Georg F. : Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern, chorale for corno da caccia & organ
  • Ensemble: Austral Harmony
  • Notes: St. Andrew's Church, Toddington, Gloucestershire (06/20/2014-06/22/2014)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque