1 800 222 6872

Sigfrid Karg-Elert (1877-1933): Selections from Wagner Operas for Harmonium and Piano / Jan Hennig, art harmonium; Ernst Breidenbach, piano

Album Summary

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Einzug der Gäste auf der Wartburg, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Tannhäuser")
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Lohengrin Vorspiel Act 1, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner)
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Spinnerlied, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Der fliegende Holländer")
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Dem Chor der Blumenmädchen, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Parsifal")
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Selig wie die Sonne, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Die Meistersinger von Nürn
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Siegmunds Liebeslied, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Die Walküre")
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Brautchor, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Lohengrin")
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Siegfrieds Tod, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Götterdämmerung")
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Trauermarsch, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Götterdämmerung")
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Marsch der Meistersinger, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Die Meistersinger von
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Tristan und Isolde Vorspiel Act 1, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner)
>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Isoldens Liebestod, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Tristan und Isolde")
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The practice of adapting contemporary music of the late 19th and early 20th c. was aimed at making well-known works playable for home use. The piano and the harmonium were thus of the utmost importance. But for Siegfrid Karg-Elert, the harmonium, especially the Kunstharmonium, (art harmonium) was a concert instrument. And in this regard, Wagner occupied a prominent place as a composer adapted by Karg-Elert. He adapted 30 pieces from Wagner's operas for the duo combination of harmonium and piano. The attraction of this duo combination lies in the opposition of the two instruments.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Einzug der Gäste auf der Wartburg, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Tannhäuser")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Lohengrin Vorspiel Act 1, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner)
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Spinnerlied, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Der fliegende Holländer")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Dem Chor der Blumenmädchen, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Parsifal")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Selig wie die Sonne, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Die Meistersinger von Nürn
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Siegmunds Liebeslied, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Die Walküre")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Form: Vocal

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Brautchor, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Lohengrin")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Siegfrieds Tod, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Götterdämmerung")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Trauermarsch, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Götterdämmerung")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Marsch der Meistersinger, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Die Meistersinger von
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Tristan und Isolde Vorspiel Act 1, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner)
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 10 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Karg-Elert, Sigfrid : Isoldens Liebestod, transcription for harmonium & piano (after Wagner's "Tristan und Isolde")
  • Performers: Ernst Breidenbach (Piano); Jan Hennig (Harmonium)
  • Notes: Jesus-Christus-Kirche, Berlin (11/25/2013-11/27/2013)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic