- In the Beginning $1.29 on iTunes
- Fire Fall $1.29 on iTunes
- They Are the Meat $1.29 on iTunes
- Meloncholy Clumps $1.29 on iTunes
- How To Get a Head $1.29 on iTunes
- Cain and Abel $1.29 on iTunes
- Mr. Misery $1.29 on iTunes
- Tent Peg In the Temple $1.29 on iTunes
- Spilling the Seed $1.29 on iTunes
- Dinah and the Unclean Skin $1.29 on iTunes
- Bathsheba Bathes $1.29 on iTunes
- Bridegroom of Blood $1.29 on iTunes
- Hanging By His Hair $1.29 on iTunes
- The Seven Ugly Cows $1.29 on iTunes
- Burn Baby Burn $1.29 on iTunes
- Kill Him $1.29 on iTunes
- I Hate Heaven $1.29 on iTunes
- Judas Saves $1.29 on iTunes
- Revelation $1.29 on iTunes
Additional personnel: Carla Fabrizio (vocals, various instruments); Diana Alden, Laurie Amat, Wayne Doba, Linda Goldstein, Molly Harvey, The Mystery Dude (vocals); Richard Marriott, Pavers (various instruments).
Includes liner notes by Uncle Wilie.
Personnel: Diana Alden, Wayne Doba, Laurie Amat, Linda Goldstein, The Mystery Dude, Molly Harvey, Carla Fabrizio (vocals).
Illustrator: Leigh Barbier.
Three decades into the band's career, the Residents fearlessly tackled the minutia of religious texts with WORMWOOD, as obscure or unusual passages from the Bible are given room to expand into full-blown songs. The result is a wondrous set of interpretations of religious events that is by turns childishly friendly and darkly fiendish.
The interlocking nature of this work and its range of singers (both male and female) give WORMWOOD a decidedly operatic feel. Modernist electronic instrumentation mingles with the Residents' usual singsong melodies and traditional choral patterns, sometimes within the space of a single song (such as "Burn Baby Burn"). This is a worthy addition to these restless and iconoclastic experimenters' generous catalog.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Title in Limbo [Slipcase] (Renaldo & the Loaf)
- Roman De La Rose (The Pink Romance): A Charles Bob (Bobuck, Charles)