- Preeyaporn Kam-On (Voice)
- Richard Harvey (Recorder)
- Richard Harvey (Bamboo Flute)
- Richard Harvey (Khlui)
- Lerkiat Mahawinichaimontri (Strings)
- Katherine Hopper
- Soontorn Yodsrithong (Percussion)
- Somnuek Saeng-Arun
Notes & Reviews:
Original film soundtrack to The Legend of Suriyothai, a 2001 Thai film directed by Chatrichalerm Yukol, which portrays the life of Queen Suriyothai, a female historical figure regarded by Thai people as the "great feminist."
The Legend of Suriyothai is a 2001 Thai film directed by Chatrichalerm Yukol, portrays the life of a female historical figure, who is also regarded by Thai people as the "great feminist", Queen Suriyothai. A fabled moment in the history of Thailand sets the stage for this lavishly mounted historical epic. In 1528, Thailand's leadership is in chaos, as the Northern and Southern factions of the nation declare their own kings; taking advantage of the situation, King Tabinshweti, the ruler of nearby Burma, declares his designs upon Thailand and the two countries go to war. As Thailand's independence hangs in the balance, Suriyothai stands as her nation's new champion; she rallies the Thai forces, and, travelling by elephant, leads a brave and determined campaign against the invading Burmese troops.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Planet Media Studios, Chicago IL.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsHarvey, Richard : The Legend of Suriyothai, film score
- Performers: Lerkiat Mahawinichaimontri (Strings); Katherine Hopper; Soontorn Yodsrithong (Percussion); Somnuek Saeng-Arun; Preeyaporn Kam-On (Voice); Richard Harvey (Recorder); Richard Harvey (Bamboo Flute); Richard Harvey (Khlui)
- Conductor: Daryl Griffith
- Ensemble: Thai Percussion Ensemble
- Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary
- Form: Film Score
- Written: 2001