- Brahms — Piano Quartet No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 25 (Orch. A. Schoenberg): I. Allegro
- Brahms — Piano Quartet No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 25 (Orch. A. Schoenberg): II. Intermezzo $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Piano Quartet No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 25 (Orch. A. Schoenberg): III. Andante con moto $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Piano Quartet No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 25 (Orch. A. Schoenberg): IV. Rondo alla zingarese $0.99 on iTunes
- Brahms — Accompaniment to a Cinematographic Scene, Op. 34 $0.99 on iTunes
Notes & Reviews:
Arnold Schönberg considered it vitally important to study the techniques of other composers in order to penetrate more deeply into the true content of the music - believing the best way to do this was by arranging the original compositions. And so between May and Sept. 1937 Schönberg penned an orchestral version of Johannes Brahms' Piano Quartet in G minor for reasons both personal and practical. His 'Accompaniment to a cinematic scene' was premiered in 1930 without an accompanying film due to its non-adaptability. Three filmmakers rectified this situation in the early 1970s.
Gramophone Magazine, September 2015
Marc Albrecht cultivates an orchestral blend plausibly akin to something Brahms might have done with the piece... [his] tempi honour the scale of the original, the rhythms are nicely sprung and he uses the orchestration to mould the contrasting themes of each movement more than exaggerated shifts and transitions between them.
Recording information: NedPho-Koepel in Amsterdam, The Netherlands (08/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Rimsky-Korsakov: Orchestral Suites
Ludwig Minkus: Don Quixote / Carlos Acosta, Marianela Nunez. The Royal Ballet, Martin Yates (choreography Carlos Acosta after Marius Petipa) [Blu-Ray]
Richard Strauss: Symphonica Domestica; Die Tageszeiten / Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester Berlin; Janowski
Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari: Die Neugierigen Frauen (The Inquisitive Woman), opera / Juergen Linn, Kathrin Goering, Kay Stiefermann, Peter Schoene, Agnete Rasmussen
Ralph Vaughan Williams; James MacMillan: Oboe Concertos / Nicholas Daniel, oboe; Britten Sinfonia; MacMillan
Prokofiev: Piano Concerto No. 3; Khachaturian: Piano Concerto in D flat / Nareh Arghamanyan, piano; Berlin RSO, Altinoglu
Handel: Piano Concertos 13-16 / Matthias Kirschnereit, piano
Prokofiev: Piano Concerto No. 3; Symphony No. 5 / Denis Matsuev, piano; Mariinsky Orch., Gergiev
Bizet: L'Arlésienne Suites; Gounod: Faust Ballet Music; Fauré / Kazuki Yamada
Works DetailsBrahms, Johannes : Quartet for Piano and Strings no 2 in A major, Op. 26
- Conductor: Marc Albrecht
- Ensemble: Netherlands Philharmonic Orchestra
- Running Time: 41 min. 22 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Chamber Music
- Written: 1861
Schoenberg, Arnold : Incidental Music to a Motion Picture Scene, Op. 34
- Conductor: Marc Albrecht
- Running Time: 8 min. 59 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Film Score