1 800 222 6872

Morgen! - songs by Brahms, Schumann, Reger, R. Strauss / Michaela Schuster, mz; Markus Schlemmer, piano (live)

Album Summary

>Brahms, Johannes : German folk songs (49) for voice & piano, WoO 33
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 72
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 106
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (9) for voice & piano, Op. 32
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 46
>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49
>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
>Schumann, Robert : Aus den östlischen Rosen ("Ich sende einen Gruss"), song for voice & piano (Myrthen), Op. 25/25
>Schumann, Robert : Schneeglöckchen ("Der Schnee, der gestern noch in Flökchen"), song for voice & piano (Lieder-Album f
>Schumann, Robert : Volksliedchen ("Wenn ich früh in den Garten geh"), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/2
>Schumann, Robert : Aufträge ("Nicht so schnelle, nicht so schnelle!"), song for voice & piano, Op. 77/5
>Schumann, Robert : Der schwere Abend ("Die dunklen Wolken hingen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 90/6
>Schumann, Robert : Requiem ("Ruh' von schmerzensreichen Mühen"), song for voice & piano, Op.90/7
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Waldeinsamkeit (Solitude in the Woods
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Es schläft ein stiller Garten, song for voice & piano, Op. 98/4
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Totensprache ("Ich weiß, ich träume in Grabe"), song for voice & piano, Op. 62/12
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Schlummerlied ("Schlaf wohl, schlaf wohl"), song for voice & piano (Liebeslieder no 5)
>Reger, Max [Composer] : Der bescheidene Schäfer ("Mein Schäfer, ach!"), song for voice & piano, Op. 97/4
>Strauss, Richard : Die Georgine ("Warum so spät erst, Georgine?"), song for voice & piano, Op. 10/4 (TrV 141/4)
>Strauss, Richard : Einerlei ("Ihr Mund ist stets derselbe"), song for voice & piano, Op. 69/3 (TrV 237/3)
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (8), Op. 49
>Strauss, Richard : Ruhe, meine Seele ("Nicht ein Lüftchen regt sich leise"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
>Strauss, Richard : Die Zeitlose ("Auf frischgemähten Weideplatz"), song for voice & piano, Op. 10/7 (TrV 141/7)
>Strauss, Richard : Befreit, Op. 39 no 4
>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
Performers Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The German mezzo-soprano Michaela Schuster is today considered one of the most important representatives of her voice range and can be heard internationally in all the major opera houses and concert halls, in operas, song recitals and in concert. "Ms. Schuster explores the beauties of the romantic Lied literature on this program with sensitivity and enthusiasm, together with the empathetic Markus Schlemmer. Recorded in the dreamlike atmosphere of the Eppan Lied Summer Festival, this is a top-class interpretation for lovers of German Romanticism!" (Brigitte Fassbaender)

Gramophone Magazine, September 2015
It's a sort of voice that we don't often hear on disc in song these days. Which is a shame, because Schuster is an instinctive artist and the interpretations themselves are wonderful. As a native speaker, her way with the German is totally natural and she inhabits the poetry completely.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Kultursaal Eppan, Eppaner Liedsommer (07/12/2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Brahms, Johannes : German folk songs (49) for voice & piano, WoO 33 :: Da unten im Tale
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1894.
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1894
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 72 :: Alte Liebe, Op. 72/1
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 05/1876
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 106 :: Ständchen, Op. 106/1
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1886
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 72 :: Verzagen, Op. 72/4
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1877
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (9) for voice & piano, Op. 32 :: Nicht mehr zu dir zu gehen, Op. 32/2
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1864
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (4) for voice & piano, Op. 46
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1866
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Brahms, Johannes : Songs (5) for voice & piano, Op. 49 :: Wiegenlied, Op. 49/4
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1868
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Myrthen, Op. 25
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1840.
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1840
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Aus den östlischen Rosen ("Ich sende einen Gruss"), song for voice & piano (Myrthen), Op. 25/25
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Schneeglöckchen ("Der Schnee, der gestern noch in Flökchen"), song for voice & piano (Lieder-Album f
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1849
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Volksliedchen ("Wenn ich früh in den Garten geh"), song for voice & piano, Op. 51/2
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1840
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Aufträge ("Nicht so schnelle, nicht so schnelle!"), song for voice & piano, Op. 77/5
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1850
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Der schwere Abend ("Die dunklen Wolken hingen"), song for voice & piano, Op. 90/6
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1850
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Requiem ("Ruh' von schmerzensreichen Mühen"), song for voice & piano, Op.90/7
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1850
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Waldeinsamkeit (Solitude in the Woods :: "Gestern abend in der stillen Ruh' "), song for voice & piano
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1903-1904
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Es schläft ein stiller Garten, song for voice & piano, Op. 98/4
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 08/1906
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Totensprache ("Ich weiß, ich träume in Grabe"), song for voice & piano, Op. 62/12
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 01/1902
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Schlummerlied ("Schlaf wohl, schlaf wohl"), song for voice & piano (Liebeslieder no 5)
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1902
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Reger, Max [Composer] : Der bescheidene Schäfer ("Mein Schäfer, ach!"), song for voice & piano, Op. 97/4
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 08/1906
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Die Georgine ("Warum so spät erst, Georgine?"), song for voice & piano, Op. 10/4 (TrV 141/4)
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1885.
  • Running Time: 4 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Einerlei ("Ihr Mund ist stets derselbe"), song for voice & piano, Op. 69/3 (TrV 237/3)
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1918
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (8), Op. 49
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Ruhe, meine Seele ("Nicht ein Lüftchen regt sich leise"), song for voice & piano (or orchestra), Op.
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Die Zeitlose ("Auf frischgemähten Weideplatz"), song for voice & piano, Op. 10/7 (TrV 141/7)
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1885
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Befreit, Op. 39 no 4
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1898
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Strauss, Richard : Lieder (4), Op. 27
  • Performers: Markus Schlemmer (Piano); Michaela Schuster (Mezzo-Soprano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894
  • Studio/Live: Live