1 800 222 6872

Domestic Bach: Works for Pedagogy and for Pleasure / Bergen Baroque

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, BWV 731
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Organ Trio BWV 527 (DMinor)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in D minor, BWV Suppl. 114
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife (I), aria for voice & continuo (AMN II/20a), BWV 515a (BC H2)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise in G minor, BWV Anhung 125
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in G major, BWV Anhung 116
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March for keyboard in D major (by CPE Bach, not JSB; Anna Magdalena Clavier-Büchlein no 2/16), BWV
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in D minor (AMN II/24, doubtful), BWV Anh. 128
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musette in D major, BWV Anhung 126
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : BWV 1013 (D Minor)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Warum betrübst du dich, aria for voice & continuo (AMN II/33), BWV 516 (BC F215)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Rondo, for keyboard in B flat major (AMN II/6; by François Couperin not JSB), BWV Anh 183
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Das Musikalische Opfer BWV 1079
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Das Musikalische opfer BWV 1079
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus, meine Zuversicht, chorale prelude for organ (Anna Magdalena Clavier-Büchlein no 1/8), BWV 72
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Bist du bei mir, aria arranged for voice & continuo (after Gottfried Stölzel), BWV 508
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wer nur den lieben Gott lässt walten (IV), chorale prelude for organ (WFN 3, AMN II/11), BWV 691 (BC
Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

In this first collaboration between Bergen Barokk and LAWO Classics, the distinguished Early Music ensemble focuses its attention on the Bach family's domestic musical activities. This recording offers music that was composed with a view to teaching and entertaining, everything written down in the famous "Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach," but also transcribed versions of, for example, the organ music of father Johan Sebastian.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s) :: Trio Sonata Adapted From BWV 1039 and BWV 1027 (G Major)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1700-1750

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s) :: Trio Sonata Adapted From BWV 1039 and BWV 1027 (G Major)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1700-1750

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s) :: Trio Sonata Adapted From BWV 1039 and BWV 1027 (G Major)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1700-1750

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Work(s) :: Trio Sonata Adapted From BWV 1039 and BWV 1027 (G Major)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1700-1750

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Liebster Jesu, wir sind hier, BWV 731
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1751

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Organ Trio BWV 527 (DMinor) :: Andante
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1730

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wachet auf, ruft uns die Stimme, chorale prelude for organ (Schübler Chorale no 1), BWV 645 (BC K22
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1748-1749

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in D minor, BWV Suppl. 114
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife (I), aria for voice & continuo (AMN II/20a), BWV 515a (BC H2)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise in G minor, BWV Anhung 125
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Minuet in G major, BWV Anhung 116
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : March for keyboard in D major (by CPE Bach, not JSB; Anna Magdalena Clavier-Büchlein no 2/16), BWV
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Polonaise for keyboard in D minor (AMN II/24, doubtful), BWV Anh. 128
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : So oft ich meine Tobackspfeife (I), aria for voice & continuo (AMN II/20a), BWV 515a (BC H2)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Musette in D major, BWV Anhung 126
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : BWV 1013 (D Minor) :: Sarabande
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722-1723

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Warum betrübst du dich, aria for voice & continuo (AMN II/33), BWV 516 (BC F215)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Rondo, for keyboard in B flat major (AMN II/6; by François Couperin not JSB), BWV Anh 183
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1717

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Das Musikalische Opfer BWV 1079 :: Canon A 2 Per Tonos
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 05/1747-07/1747

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Das Musikalische opfer BWV 1079 :: Fuga Canonica in Epidiapente (C Minor)
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 05/1747-07/1747

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus, meine Zuversicht, chorale prelude for organ (Anna Magdalena Clavier-Büchlein no 1/8), BWV 72
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Bist du bei mir, aria arranged for voice & continuo (after Gottfried Stölzel), BWV 508
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1722-1725

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wer nur den lieben Gott lässt walten (IV), chorale prelude for organ (WFN 3, AMN II/11), BWV 691 (BC
  • Ensemble: Bergen Barokk
  • Notes: Vaksdal church, Norway (12/10/2012-12/13/2012)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 01/22/1720