1 800 222 6872

In Four Color: Music for String Quartet by David Soldier

Audio Samples

  1. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 1 "The Impossible": I. Open Hydrant (1987) $0.99 on iTunes
  2. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 1 "The Impossible": II. Walking On the 3rd Rail (1987) $0.99 on iTunes
  3. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 1 "The Impossible": III. Ron Visits the Polymer Lounge (1987) $0.99 on iTunes
  4. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 1 "The Impossible": IV. For His Bad Self (1987) $0.99 on iTunes
  5. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 1 "The Impossible": V. She Put My Head Under the Water $0.99 on iTunes
  6. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 2, "Bambaataa Variations": I. His Legs Wobble (1992) $0.99 on iTunes
  7. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 2, "Bambaataa Variations": II. X-Linked Planet (1992) $0.99 on iTunes
  8. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 2, "Bambaataa Variations": III. Nine Hundred Grandmothers (1992) $0.99 on iTunes
  9. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 2, "Bambaataa Variations": IV. Mudhead from Planet XYY (1992) $0.99 on iTunes
  10. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 2, "Bambaataa Variations": V. Afrika Variations (1992) $0.99 on iTunes
  11. In Four Color — East St. Louis 1968 $0.99 on iTunes
  12. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 3, "The Essential": I. Sample & Hold (2011) $0.99 on iTunes
  13. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 3, "The Essential": II. Fractal Variation, "Benoit Meets Arnold in 5 Dimensions" (2011) $0.99 on iTunes
  14. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 3, "The Essential": III. Fourier Transformations (2011) $0.99 on iTunes
  15. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 3, "The Essential": IV. Integral (2011) $0.99 on iTunes
  16. In Four Color — String Quartet No. 3, "The Essential": V. 1st Derivative (2011) $0.99 on iTunes
  17. In Four Color — Sequence Girls $0.99 on iTunes
  18. In Four Color — Paris 1919 $0.99 on iTunes
  19. In Four Color — Three Delta Blues: II. Twenty Twenty Blues $0.99 on iTunes
  20. In Four Color — Five Little Monsters $0.99 on iTunes
  21. In Four Color — Lonesome Train $0.99 on iTunes
  22. In Four Color — Sojourner Truth $0.99 on iTunes
  23. In Four Color — Prelude $0.99 on iTunes
  24. In Four Color — Ezequiel Saw the Wheel $0.99 on iTunes
  25. In Four Color — Bo Diddley $0.99 on iTunes
  26. In Four Color — Here Comes the King $0.99 on iTunes
  27. In Four Color — Ugly $0.99 on iTunes
  28. In Four Color — In Time $0.99 on iTunes
  29. In Four Color — Boogie On Party People $0.99 on iTunes
  30. In Four Color — Water Babies $0.99 on iTunes
  31. In Four Color — Michael Callen $0.99 on iTunes
  32. In Four Color — Uncloudy Day $0.99 on iTunes
  33. In Four Color — Moon and Stars $0.99 on iTunes
  34. In Four Color — Cypress Grove $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Soldier, David : Quartet for Strings drums & percussion, No 1 ("The Impossible")
>Soldier, David : Quartet for Strings no 2 ("Bambaataa Variations"), for prepared string quartet, Op. 11
>Soldier, David : East St. Louis, 1968, for viola, harmonica & electronics
>Soldier, David : Quartet for Strings no 3 ("The Essential with Brad Garton"), Op. 21
>Soldier, David : Sequence Girls, for string quartet & drums, Op. 1
>Soldier, David : Paris 1919, for voice & string quartet (after J. Cale)
>Soldier, David : Delta Blues, for string quartet, Op. 2
>Soldier, David : Five Little Monsters, for string quartet & drums
>Soldier, David : Lonesome Train for string quartet & drums
>Soldier, David : Sojourner Truth for string quartet
>Soldier, David : Prelude for violin, piano & percussion
>Soldier, David : If I had it to give (I'd give it to him), for string quartet, double bass & drums
>Soldier, David : Ezequiel Saw the Wheel in the Middle of the Air, for 2 voices, string quartet, double bass, piano &
>Soldier, David : Bo Diddley, arrangement for 2 voices, string quartet & percussion (after E. McDaniel)
>Soldier, David : Here Comes the King, arrangement for string quartet & percussion (after R. Scott)
>Soldier, David : Ugly, for arrangement for voices, 3 violins, viola, cello & percussion (after R.P. Williams)
>Soldier, David : In Time, arrangement for string quartet & percussion (after S. Stone)
>Soldier, David : Boogie On Party People, for voices & chamber ensemble
>Soldier, David : Water Babies, arrangement for 2 violins, flute, vibraphone, electric bass & drums (after W. Shorter)
>Soldier, David : N'Orleans, for voice, string quartet & organ
>Soldier, David : Michael Callen, for voices, clarinet, saxophone, string quartet, double bass & drums
>Soldier, David : Uncloudy Day, arrangement for voices, guitar & string quartet (after J. Alwood)
>Soldier, David : Moanin' at Midnight, arrangement for voice & chamber ensemble (after C. Burnett)
>Soldier, David : Moon and Stars, arrangement for voices & chamber ensemble (after L. Johnson)
>Soldier, David : Cypress Grove, arrangement for voice & violin (after S. James)
Performers Composer


Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Soldier, David : Quartet for Strings drums & percussion, No 1 ("The Impossible")
  • Performer: Satoshi Takeishi (Percussion)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music

>Soldier, David : Quartet for Strings no 2 ("Bambaataa Variations"), for prepared string quartet, Op. 11
  • Running Time: 20 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1992

>Soldier, David : East St. Louis, 1968, for viola, harmonica & electronics
  • Running Time: 8 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1999

>Soldier, David : Quartet for Strings no 3 ("The Essential with Brad Garton"), Op. 21
  • Running Time: 18 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 2011

>Soldier, David : Sequence Girls, for string quartet & drums, Op. 1
  • Performer: Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1985

>Soldier, David : Paris 1919, for voice & string quartet (after J. Cale)
  • Performers: Shelley Hirsch (Voice); Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Delta Blues, for string quartet, Op. 2
  • Performer: Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Written: 1986

>Soldier, David : Five Little Monsters, for string quartet & drums
  • Performer: Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1984

>Soldier, David : Lonesome Train for string quartet & drums
  • Performer: Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music
  • Written: 1989

>Soldier, David : Sojourner Truth for string quartet
  • Performer: Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Chamber Music

>Soldier, David : Prelude for violin, piano & percussion
  • Performers: Ratzo Harris (Double Bass); Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : If I had it to give (I'd give it to him), for string quartet, double bass & drums
  • Performers: Louis Bauzo (Percussion); Napua Davoy (Mezzo Soprano); Americo Mendez; Amina Myers (Piano); Steve Napoleoni (Percussion); Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Ezequiel Saw the Wheel in the Middle of the Air, for 2 voices, string quartet, double bass, piano &
  • Performers: Ratzo Harris (Double Bass); Michael Suchorsky (Drums)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Bo Diddley, arrangement for 2 voices, string quartet & percussion (after E. McDaniel)
  • Performers: Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Jimmy Justice (Voice)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Here Comes the King, arrangement for string quartet & percussion (after R. Scott)
  • Performers: Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Jimmy Justice (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Ugly, for arrangement for voices, 3 violins, viola, cello & percussion (after R.P. Williams)
  • Performers: Rebecca Cherry (Violin); Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Jimmy Justice (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : In Time, arrangement for string quartet & percussion (after S. Stone)
  • Performers: Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Jimmy Justice (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Boogie On Party People, for voices & chamber ensemble
  • Performers: Richard Bona (Percussion); Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Jimmy Justice (Voice); Jonathan Kane (Drums); Valerie Naranjo (Balafon)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Water Babies, arrangement for 2 violins, flute, vibraphone, electric bass & drums (after W. Shorter)
  • Performers: Steve Arguelles (Drums); Richard Bona (Percussion); Regina Carter (Violin); Robert Dick (Flute); Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Jimmy Justice (Voice); Valerie Naranjo (Vibraphone); David Soldier (Violin)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : N'Orleans, for voice, string quartet & organ
  • Performers: Jimmy Justice (Voice); Rory Young (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal

>Soldier, David : Michael Callen, for voices, clarinet, saxophone, string quartet, double bass & drums
  • Performers: Laura Cantrell (Voice); Jimmy Justice (Voice)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Vocal

>Soldier, David : Uncloudy Day, arrangement for voices, guitar & string quartet (after J. Alwood)
  • Performers: Leroy Clouden (Drums); Napua Davoy (Mezzo Soprano); Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Brad Jones; Myra Melford (Piano); Lenny Pickett (Clarinet); Lenny Pickett (Saxophone); Bobby Radcliff (Voice); David Soldier (Guitar); Jason White (Cello)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Moanin' at Midnight, arrangement for voice & chamber ensemble (after C. Burnett)
  • Performers: Leroy Clouden (Drums); Napua Davoy (Mezzo Soprano); Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Brad Jones; Myra Melford (Piano); Lenny Pickett (Clarinet); Lenny Pickett (Saxophone); Bobby Radcliff (Voice); Jason White (Cello)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Moon and Stars, arrangement for voices & chamber ensemble (after L. Johnson)
  • Performers: Leroy Clouden (Drums); Napua Davoy (Mezzo Soprano); Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Brad Jones; Myra Melford (Piano); Lenny Pickett (Clarinet); Lenny Pickett (Saxophone); Bobby Radcliff (Voice); David Soldier (Violin); Jason White (Cello)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern

>Soldier, David : Cypress Grove, arrangement for voice & violin (after S. James)
  • Performers: Leroy Clouden (Drums); Napua Davoy (Mezzo Soprano); Tiye Giraud (Percussion); Brad Jones; Myra Melford (Piano); Lenny Pickett (Clarinet); Lenny Pickett (Saxophone); Bobby Radcliff (Voice); Jason White (Cello)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern