- ReWrite of Spring, Pt. 1: Evocation
- ReWrite of Spring: Interlude $0.99 on iTunes
- ReWrite of Spring, Pt. 2: Spring Square
- ReWrite of Spring, Pt. 3: Procession
- ReWrite of Spring: Introduction (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- ReWrite of Spring, Pt. 1: Evocation (Live)
- ReWrite of Spring, Pt. 2: Spring Square (Live)
- ReWrite of Spring, Pt. 3: Procession (Live)
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
"ReWrite of Spring" is a tribute to Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" - one of the iconic modern masterpieces of music with decisive influence on the development of jazz music. "ReWrite of Spring" by internationally renowned saxophonist, composer and conductor Lars Møller, is the first major project from his pen as Aarhus Jazz Orchestra director. Spanning transparency and ambiguity, virility and funk, "ReWrite" exploits the full expressive palette of one of northern Europe's best big bands, topped by contributions from saxophonist David Liebman and percussionist Marilyn Mazur.
Personnel: Nicolai Schultz (alto, flute, alto flute, reeds); Johan Toftegaard Knudsen (alto, clarinet, reeds); Thor Madsen (guitar); Finn Henriksen (bass clarinet, reeds); Claus Waidtlow, Michael Bladt (reeds); Rasmus Bogelund, Jakob Buchanan, Jan Lynggaard Sorensen, Antonio Gecek (trumpet, flugelhorn); Henrik Resen, Niels Norgaard, Nikolaj Bogelund, Stefan Ringive (trombone); Mads Baerentzen (piano); Morten Toftgård Ramsbol (acoustic bass); Morten Lund (drums).
Liner Note Authors: David Liebman; Christian Munch-Hansen.
Recording information: Copenhagen Jazzhouse (09/25/2013); FinlandStudio, Aarhus (09/25/2013); Copenhagen Jazzhouse (09/26/2013/09/27/2013); FinlandStudio, Aarhus (09/26/2013/09/27/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Amazing [Slipcase] (Nussbaum, Adam)