1 800 222 6872

Livre de Luth de Gioseppe Antonio Doni (18th c. Italian): Toccatas and Dances for Lute / Sylvain Bergeron, archlute

Album Summary

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata for lute in F major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente Francese, for lute in F major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente del Falconieri, for lute in F major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Gagliarda for lute in F major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 1 in F major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 2 in F major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata del Tedesco, for lute in G minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Ciaccona for lute in G minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata del Sr. Arcangelo, for lute in G minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente Francese, for lute in G minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 1 in B flat major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 2 in B flat major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Ciaccone for lute in B Flat major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Gagliarda del Falconieri, for lute in B flat major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Eco corrente, for lute in B flat major
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata for lute no 1 in G minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata for lute no 2 in G minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Gagliarda for lute in G minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata del Tedesco, for lute in C minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 1 in C minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 2 in C minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente Francese, for lute in C minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Passagaglia for lute in C minor
>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 3 in C minor
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Described as "a supremely refined, elegant, cerebral musician" (Ottawa Citizen), Sylvain Bergeron is a master of the lute and plucked strings family of instruments including theorbo, archlute and baroque guitar. On this new solo ATMA recording, Bergeron performs a selection of lute pieces from The Doni Lute Book, a manuscript compiled between 1620 and 1640 and preserved at the Archivio di Stato di Perugia (State Archive of Perugia, Italy). This lute book is both an anthology and a manual; it contains a large number of unique and never recorded pieces, and it bears witness to the wealth of Italian lute music from the beginning of the 17th century.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Salle Françoys Bernier du Domaine Forget, St-Irénée, Qu (05/2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata for lute in F major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente Francese, for lute in F major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente del Falconieri, for lute in F major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Gagliarda for lute in F major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 1 in F major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 2 in F major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata del Tedesco, for lute in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Ciaccona for lute in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata del Sr. Arcangelo, for lute in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente Francese, for lute in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 1 in B flat major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 2 in B flat major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Ciaccone for lute in B Flat major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Gagliarda del Falconieri, for lute in B flat major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Eco corrente, for lute in B flat major
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata for lute no 1 in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata for lute no 2 in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente Francese, for lute in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Gagliarda for lute in G minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Toccata del Tedesco, for lute in C minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 1 in C minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 2 in C minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente Francese, for lute in C minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Passagaglia for lute in C minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>de Luth de Anton, Gioseppe : Corrente for lute no 3 in C minor
  • Performer: Sylvain Bergeron (Archlute)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque