1 800 222 6872

Otto Klemperer conducts the Complete Beethoven Symphonies; Creatures of Prometheus, Egmont & Coriolan overtures (Vienna, 1960) [5 CDs]

Album Summary

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

This truly fantastic live set of the complete Beethoven symphonies plus select overtures as played by the Philharmonia Orchestra in Vienna in 1960 under the direction of the legendary conductor Otto Klemperer has now returned to the Andromeda catalog in completely re-mastered, superb 24bit/96kHz sound, taken directly from the original master tapes. It always a fascinating pastime to compare Klemperer's live performances with his studio recordings of the identical works from the same period, as these come from around the time of his famous EMI late-'50s recordings with the same orchestra.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: 05/29/1960; 05/31/1960; 06/02/1960; 06/04/1960; 06/07/1960.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 1 in C major, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Ensemble: Philharmonia Orchestra
  • Running Time: 27 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1800

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 3 in E flat major, Op. 55 "Eroica"
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 48 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1803

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 2 in D major, Op. 36
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 35 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1801-1802

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 7 in A major, Op. 92
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 38 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 4 in B flat major, Op. 60
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 34 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1807

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 8 in F major, Op. 93
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 26 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1812

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Egmont, incidental music, Op. 84
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 9 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1809-1810

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Creatures of Prometheus, Op. 43
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 5 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Ballet
  • Written: 1800-1801

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 5 in C minor, Op. 67
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 34 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 6 in F major, Op. 68 "Pastoral"
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 42 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1808

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 69 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 1824

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Coriolan Overture in C minor, Op. 62
  • Conductor: Otto Klemperer
  • Running Time: 8 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1807