1 800 222 6872

Luther: Most Famous Hymns - Settings by J.S. Bach, Krebs, Vulpius, Pachelbel et al. / Leipzig Winds; Instrumenta Musica et al.

Album Summary

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott, BWV 720
>Vulpius, Melchior : Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung, Part I, no 1), Krebs-WV 5
>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland, BuxWV 211
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Weihnachts-Oratorium BWV 248
>Schein, Johann H. : Vom Himmel hoch da komm ich her, hymn for 4 voices (& continuo) (Cantional...)
>Calvisius, Sethus : Vom Himmel hoch, for voice & chorus
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Dies sind die heilgen zehn Gebot (I), chorale prelude for organ (Orgel-Büchlein no 37), BWV 635 (BC
>Schein, Johann H. : Gelobet seist Du, Jesu Christ, cantata for 3 voices & continuo (Opella nova, Part 1, no 2)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wir gläuben all'an einen Gott, BWV 680
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Wir glauben all an einen Gott, for organ (Clavier-Übung III/13), BWV 681 (BC K13)
>Vulpius, Melchior : Verleih uns Frieden gnädiglich
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/16), BWV 684 (B
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/17), BWV 685 (
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir (II), chorale prelude for organ á 4 (Clavier-Übung III/19), BWV 687
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Vater unser im Himmelreich Krebs-WV 506
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Christ lag in Todesbanden, chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung, Part I, no 4)
>Pachelbel, Johann : Chorale Prelude "Christ lag in Todesbanden," for organ, T. 22
>Walter (I), Johann : Mitten wir im Leben sind (from Geystlich Gesank Büchlein, 1524)
>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Mitten wir im Leben sind, chorale for organ
>Walter (I), Johann : Mit Fried und Freud fahr ich dahin, hymn setting for 5 voices
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (I), chorale prelude for organ (Orgel-Büchlein no 28), BWV 626 (BC K5
>Kortkamp, Jakob : Herr Gott, dich loben wir, for organ
Performers Conductors Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

A selection of the most famous Lutheran chorales, in various versions.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott, BWV 720
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Conductor: Gert Frischmuth
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 1695

>Vulpius, Melchior : Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Conductor: Gert Frischmuth
  • Running Time: 4 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr, chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung, Part I, no 1), Krebs-WV 5
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Conductor: Sebastian Göring
  • Running Time: 5 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Buxtehude, Dietrich : Nun komm der Heiden Heiland, BuxWV 211
  • Conductor: Christian Skobowsky
  • Running Time: 1 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: circa 1690

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Weihnachts-Oratorium BWV 248 :: Vom Himmel hoch
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 1734

>Schein, Johann H. : Vom Himmel hoch da komm ich her, hymn for 4 voices (& continuo) (Cantional...)
  • Performer: Anne-Marie Seager
  • Running Time: 1 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Calvisius, Sethus : Vom Himmel hoch, for voice & chorus
  • Performer: Anne-Marie Seager
  • Running Time: 1 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Dies sind die heilgen zehn Gebot (I), chorale prelude for organ (Orgel-Büchlein no 37), BWV 635 (BC
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713-1715

>Schein, Johann H. : Gelobet seist Du, Jesu Christ, cantata for 3 voices & continuo (Opella nova, Part 1, no 2)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wir gläuben all'an einen Gott, BWV 680
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Fughetta super Wir glauben all an einen Gott, for organ (Clavier-Übung III/13), BWV 681 (BC K13)
  • Performer: Rainer Goede (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Vulpius, Melchior : Verleih uns Frieden gnädiglich
  • Conductor: Gert Frischmuth
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (I), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/16), BWV 684 (B
  • Performer: Rainer Goede (Organ)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam (II), chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung III/17), BWV 685 (
  • Performer: Rainer Goede (Organ)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Aus tiefer Not schrei ich zu dir (II), chorale prelude for organ á 4 (Clavier-Übung III/19), BWV 687
  • Performer: Rainer Goede (Organ)
  • Conductor: Gert Frischmuth
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Vater unser im Himmelreich Krebs-WV 506 :: Choral
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Conductor: Sebastian Göring
  • Running Time: 1 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Vater unser im Himmelreich Krebs-WV 506 :: Choral alio modo
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Conductor: Sebastian Göring
  • Period Time: Classical

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Christ lag in Todesbanden, chorale prelude for organ (Clavier-Übung, Part I, no 4)
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Conductor: Sebastian Göring
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Pachelbel, Johann : Chorale Prelude "Christ lag in Todesbanden," for organ, T. 22
  • Performer: Jean Ferrard (Organ)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: by 04/1706

>Walter (I), Johann : Mitten wir im Leben sind (from Geystlich Gesank Büchlein, 1524)
  • Ensemble: Bläser-Collegium Leipzig
  • Running Time: 2 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1524

>Krebs, Johann Ludwig : Mitten wir im Leben sind, chorale for organ
  • Performer: Felix Friedrich (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Walter (I), Johann : Mit Fried und Freud fahr ich dahin, hymn setting for 5 voices
  • Ensemble: Bläser-Collegium Leipzig
  • Running Time: 2 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Renaissance
  • Form: Choral
  • Written: 1524

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Jesus Christus, unser Heiland (I), chorale prelude for organ (Orgel-Büchlein no 28), BWV 626 (BC K5
  • Performer: Ullrich Bohme (Organ)
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1713-1715

>Kortkamp, Jakob : Herr Gott, dich loben wir, for organ
  • Performer: Christoph Krummacher (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Wir gläuben all'an einen Gott, BWV 680
  • Performer: Rainer Goede (Organ)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1739