Art Farmer Quartet: Art Farmer (flugelhorn); Fred Hersch (piano); Bob Bodley (bass); Billy Hart (drums).
Recorded at Soundmixers, New York, New York in September 1981. Includes liner notes by Stanley Crouch.
Digitally remastered by George Horn.
Flugelhornist Art Farmer is in top form on this quartet set with pianist Fred Hersch, bassist Bob Bodley and drummer Billy Hart. Farmer had, if anything, grown through the years and although he had lived in Europe for 13 years at the time of this album, he was still getting better. Farmer is heard in peak form on such numbers as Charlie Parker's "Red Cross," "She's Funny That Way," "Change Partners" and "Love Walked In." A fine example of his artistry. ~ Scott Yanow
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Complete Studio Recordings (McKusick, Hal)
- Three Trumpets (Byrd, Donald)
- In Stockholm & Hollywood 1959 (Mulligan, Gerry)
- Swiss Radio Days Jazz Live Trio Concert Series, Vo (Jordan, Clifford)
- Art Farmer Quintet Featuring Gigi Gryce (Gryce, Gigi)
- Complete Jam Sessions [Bonus Tracks] [Remastered] (Ammons, Gene)
- On Line (Raiff, Guy)