- Tanja Baumgartner (Voice)
Notes & Reviews:
Die Frau ohne Schatten concerns itself with the mystery of birth and the mystery of death. For composer Richard Strauss, and librettist von Hofmannsthal, influences of Goethe and Mozart's Magic Flute played an important role in the opera's conception. This great work was Sebastian Weigle's admission ticket as Frankfurt Opera Chief Music Director; what could be more appropriate then, than to issue this performance on CD? Strauss specialist Weigle brought established singers and role debutantes to the stage, including Terje Stensvold, who made his farewell from the Frankfurt stage in 2014.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Oper Frankfurt (10/2014/11/2014).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsStrauss, Richard : Die Frau ohne Schatten, Op. 65
- Performer: Tanja Baumgartner (Voice)
- Conductor: Sebastian Weigle
- Ensemble: Frankfurter Opern und Museumsorchesterá
- Notes: Composition written: 1914-17.
- Running Time: 150 min. 14 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1914-1917
- Studio/Live: Live