1 800 222 6872

Jan Jirásek (b.1955): Czech and Moravian Christmas Carols / JITRO Czech Childrens Chorus, Jiri Skopal

Audio Samples

  1. Jan Jirásek — Štědrýho dne o půlnoci (At Midnight on Christmas Eve) $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Jan Jirásek — Bratři, já jsem slyšel (Brothers I Have Heard) $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Jan Jirásek — Den přeslavný jest k nám přišel (The Famous Day Has Arrived) $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Jan Jirásek — Já malý přicházím koledovat (I, Little One, Have Come a-Carolling) $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Jan Jirásek — Nesem vám noviny (Glad Tidings) $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Jan Jirásek — Půjdem spolu do Betléma (Let Us Go to Bethlehem Together) $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Jan Jirásek — Ó, svatá dobo vánoční (Oh, The Holy Time of Christmas) $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Jan Jirásek — Ej, noviny převeselý (Hey Happy Tidings) $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Jan Jirásek — Sedí pantáta (The Sitting Farmer) $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Jan Jirásek — Pochválen Pán Ježíš Kristus (Praise the Lord Jesus Christ) $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Jan Jirásek — Na čem Pán Bůh sedí (On What God Sits) $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Jan Jirásek — Před vánoci jeden tejden (One Week Before Yuletide) $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Jan Jirásek — A teče vodička (Sweet Water Flowing) $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Jan Jirásek — K Ježíškovi do Betléma (To Bethlehem, to Little Jesus) $0.99 on iTunes
  15. Jan Jirásek — Milý Bože (Dear God Above) $0.99 on iTunes
  16. Jan Jirásek — Pokoj, štěstí, zdraví (Peace, Happiness, Good Health) $0.99 on iTunes
  17. Jan Jirásek — Padá rosa studená (Dew Is Falling) $0.99 on iTunes
  18. Jan Jirásek — Vítej, milý Jezu Kriste (We Welcome You, Dear Jesus) $0.99 on iTunes
  19. Jan Jirásek — Šel jsem na koledu (I Went a-Carolling) $0.99 on iTunes
  20. Jan Jirásek — Byla cesta, byla ušlapaná (There Was a Well-Trod Path) $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Jirasek, Jan : At Midnight on Christmas Eve (Stedryho dne o pulnoci), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Brothers I Have Heard (Bratri, já jsem slysel), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : The Famous Day Has Arrived (Den preslavny jest k nám prisel), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : I, Little One, Have Come A-Carolling (Já maly pricházím koledovat), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Glad Tidings (Nesem vám noviny), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Let Us Go to Bethlehem Together (Pujdem spolu do Betléma), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Oh, the Holy Time of Christmas (O, svatá dobo vánocní), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Hey Happy Tidings (Ej, noviny prevesely), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : The Sitting Farmer (Sedí pantáta), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Praise the Lord Jesus Christ (Pochválen Pán Jezís Kristus), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : On What God Sits (Na cem Pán Buh sedí), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : One Week Before Yuletide (Pred vánoci jeden tejden), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Sweet Water Flowing (A tece vodicka), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : To Bethlehem, to Little Jesus (K Jezískovi do Betléma), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Dear God Above (Mily Boze), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Peace, Happiness, Good Health (Pokoj, stestí, zdraví), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : Dew is Falling (Padá rosa studená), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : We Welcome You, Dear Jesus (Vítej, mily Jezu Kriste), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : I Went A-Carolling (Sel jsem na koledu), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Jirasek, Jan : There was a Well-Trod Path (Byla cesta, byla uslapaná), carol for chorus & orchestra
>Unspecified : [CD-ROM Track]
Conductor Ensemble Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Czech composer Jan Jirsek (b. 1955) was awarded the prestigious Czech Lion Award for his film music in Wild Flowers and An Ambiguous Report About the End of the World. His work has been represented at numerous venues and festivals throughout the world since 1989, and he has taught at several prestigious universities in Europe and the US. Over the last 40 years, the JITRO children's choir have toured extensively, performing over 2,800 concerts worldwide and recorded over 30 albums. The choir has been directed and conducted by Jir Skopal since 1977.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: City Music Hall in Hradec Králové, Czech Republic (1990-2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Jirasek, Jan : At Midnight on Christmas Eve (Stedryho dne o pulnoci), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Conductor: Jiri Skopal
  • Ensemble: JITRO Czech Childrens Chorus
  • Running Time: 2 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Brothers I Have Heard (Bratri, já jsem slysel), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 3 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : The Famous Day Has Arrived (Den preslavny jest k nám prisel), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : I, Little One, Have Come A-Carolling (Já maly pricházím koledovat), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Glad Tidings (Nesem vám noviny), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Let Us Go to Bethlehem Together (Pujdem spolu do Betléma), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Oh, the Holy Time of Christmas (O, svatá dobo vánocní), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Hey Happy Tidings (Ej, noviny prevesely), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : The Sitting Farmer (Sedí pantáta), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Praise the Lord Jesus Christ (Pochválen Pán Jezís Kristus), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 1 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : On What God Sits (Na cem Pán Buh sedí), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : One Week Before Yuletide (Pred vánoci jeden tejden), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 37 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Sweet Water Flowing (A tece vodicka), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : To Bethlehem, to Little Jesus (K Jezískovi do Betléma), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Dear God Above (Mily Boze), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 4 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Peace, Happiness, Good Health (Pokoj, stestí, zdraví), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : Dew is Falling (Padá rosa studená), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : We Welcome You, Dear Jesus (Vítej, mily Jezu Kriste), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : I Went A-Carolling (Sel jsem na koledu), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Jirasek, Jan : There was a Well-Trod Path (Byla cesta, byla uslapaná), carol for chorus & orchestra
  • Running Time: 6 min. 57 sec.
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas

>Unspecified : [CD-ROM Track]
  • Period Time: Modern
  • Form: Christmas