1 800 222 6872

Inside Tracks: The Mix Tape - electronic mixes on the music of Bach, Rachmaninov, Chopin, Beethoven, Sgambati & Gluck / James Rhodes

Album Summary

>Siloti, Alexander : Prelude, transcription for piano in B minor (after Bach, BWV 855)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita no 6 in E minor
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 1 in C sharp minor ("The Bells of Moscow"), Op. 3/2
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio & Fugue
>Busoni, Ferruccio : Chaconne, transcription for piano in D minor (after J. S. Bach, BWV 1004), KiV B24
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita in B-flat. BWV. 825
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto no 3 in D minor
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata no 27 in E minor, Op. 90
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 12 in C minor ("Revolutionary"), Op. 10/12, CT. 25
>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
>Sgambati, Giovanni : Mélodie (Dance of the Blessed Spirits, from Gluck's Orphee ed Euridice)
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

"The most fun part of my job is figuring out what to play live. There's an infinite choice of immense, immortal music and I always try and design concert programmes a bit like a setlist for the audience. For this compilation (of my personal recordings from the last six years) I wanted to carry on in that vein and so I've made it a mix tape - these are the pieces that come up in my head unwarranted at 4am to get me through another rotten night of insomnia. These are the ones that always give me hope and a reason to hang on in there - because if music like this can exist then there is simply no question that the good outweighs the bad. They are my inside tracks." James Rhodes, 2015



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Siloti, Alexander : Prelude, transcription for piano in B minor (after Bach, BWV 855)
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : French Suite no 5 in G major :: Allemande
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1722.
  • Running Time: 3 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1722

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita no 6 in E minor :: Toccata
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1726-1731

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 1 in C sharp minor ("The Bells of Moscow"), Op. 3/2
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1892

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Toccata, Adagio & Fugue :: Intermezzo (Adagio)
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1712

>Busoni, Ferruccio : Chaconne, transcription for piano in D minor (after J. S. Bach, BWV 1004), KiV B24
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1893

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Partita in B-flat. BWV. 825 :: Prelude
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1726-1731

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Concerto no 3 in D minor :: Adagio
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1713-1714

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 2 in B flat minor/D flat major, B 111/Op. 31
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 9 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata no 27 in E minor, Op. 90 :: Nicht zu geschwind und sehr singbar vorzutragen
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 31 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1814

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 12 in C minor ("Revolutionary"), Op. 10/12, CT. 25
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832

>Chopin, Frédéric : Prelude for piano no 4 in E minor, Op. 28/4, CT. 169
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838-1839

>Sgambati, Giovanni : Mélodie (Dance of the Blessed Spirits, from Gluck's Orphee ed Euridice)
  • Performer: James Rhodes (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic