1 800 222 6872

Gottfried August Homilius (1714-1785): Sacred Motets / Rheinische Kantorei, Hermann Max

Album Summary

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Der Herr ist mein Hirte, motet (Psalm 23)
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Domine, Ad Adiuvandum Me, for 6-part chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Invoca me in die angustiae, motet for chorus (Psalm 50, 15)
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Wer sich selbst erhöhet, motet for chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : So seid nun wacker, motet for chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Ich freue mich im Herrn, motet for chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Siehe, das ist Gottes Lamm, motet for chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Selig sind die Toten, motet for chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Herr, wenn Trübsal da ist, motet for chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Wir liegen für dir mit unsrem Gebet, motet
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Sehet, welch eine Liebe, motet for chorus
>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Unser Vate in dem Himmel, motet for chorus
Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

More than thirty years ago Hermann Max and the Rheinische Kantorei recorded some motets by the then almost completely forgotten Gottfried August Homilius for MDG. At the time nobody could have imagined that this pioneering effort of his would mark the beginning of a genuine renaissance for the Bach pupil Homilius. The production released on vinyl has not been available for many years, which makes the carefully prepared CD new release of this historic treasure from the MDG archive all the more welcome.

Homilius perfected his contrapuntal skills under Bach. In his oeuvre the shift from the baroque aesthetic resting on ancient mathematical ideas of proportion to compositional artistry of individual orientation can be traced.

Hermann Max, who today is to be numbered among the most important pioneers in the field of historically informed musical practice, has perfectly captured the subjective tone of this music with the Rheinische Kantorei.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: 1983.



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Der Herr ist mein Hirte, motet (Psalm 23)
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 7 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Domine, Ad Adiuvandum Me, for 6-part chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 2 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Invoca me in die angustiae, motet for chorus (Psalm 50, 15)
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 2 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Wer sich selbst erhöhet, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 2 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : So seid nun wacker, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 4 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Ich freue mich im Herrn, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Siehe, das ist Gottes Lamm, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 3 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Selig sind die Toten, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 4 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Herr, wenn Trübsal da ist, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 2 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Wir liegen für dir mit unsrem Gebet, motet
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 3 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Sehet, welch eine Liebe, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Choral

>Homilius, Gottfried A. : Unser Vate in dem Himmel, motet for chorus
  • Conductor: Hermann Max
  • Ensemble: Rheinische Kantorei
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque