- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": I. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso (Live)
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": II. Scherzo. Molto vivace - Presto (Live)
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": III. Adagio molto e cantabile - Andante Moderato (Live)
- Beethoven — Symphony No. 9 in D Minor, Op. 125 "Choral": IV. Finale. Presto - Allegro assai (Live)
Notes & Reviews:
Taken from the 2012 Japan tour that performed the complete Beethoven cycle in various cities across Japan garnering much acclaim for the Chor and Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks and now available in single editions, this live recording of Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 from Tokyo's Suntory Hall also includes noted vocal soloists, Christiane Karg, Mihoko Fujimura, Michael Schade and Michael Volle, all frequent collaborators with the Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks.
American Record Guide, March/April 2016
This comes from the Jansons set of the nine Beethoven symphonies, released on CD and DVD and reviewed by Lawrence Hansen (M/A 2014). Hansen identified Jansons - correctly, I think - as a modernist whose music was "sleek, polished, and well-balanced, like a finely tuned modern luxury car". All in all, not a bad Ninth.
Recording information: Tokyo, Suntory Hall (12/01/2012).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBeethoven, Ludwig van : Symphony no 9 in D minor, Op. 125 "Choral"
- Performers: Christiane Karg (Soprano); Michael Schade (Tenor); Michael Volle (Baritone)
- Conductor: Mariss Jansons
- Ensemble: Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks
- Running Time: 62 min. 42 sec.
- Period Time: Classical
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1824
- Studio/Live: Live