1 800 222 6872

Alza tu voz (Speak Out) : Hymns of Charles Wesley (1707-1788) sung in Spanish / J. Reilly Lewis, organ; Terry Bingham, trumpet; Julie Angelis, Boehler, timpani

Album Summary

>Wesley, Charles : O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Maker, in Whom We Live, hymn for trumpet, chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Praise the Lord Who Reigns Above, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Hark! the Herlad Angels Sing, hymn for trumpet, chorus, timpani & organ
>Wesley, Charles : O Love Divine, What Hast Thou Done, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Christ the Lord is Risen Today, hymn for trumpet, chorus, timpani & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Lo, He Comes with Clouds Descending, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Spirit of Faith, Come Down, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Come, Holy Ghost, Our Hearts Inspire, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Ye Servants of God, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Come, Sinners, to the Gospel Feast, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Rejoice, the Lord is King, hymn for trumpet, chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Christ, Whose Glory Fills the Skies, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : And Can it Be that I Should Gain, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Come, O Thou Traveler Unknown, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : A Charge to Keep I Have, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : O for a Heart to Praise My God, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Forth in Thy Name, O Lord, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Jesus, Lover of My Soul, hymn for chorus & organ
>Wesley, Charles : Love Divine, All Loves Excelling, hymn for trumpet, chorus, timpani & organ
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composer

Notes & Reviews:

"Alza tu voz: Himnos de Charles Wesley" is the Spanish-language companion to the album, Lift Up Your Voice: Hymns of Charles Wesley, a powerful selection of Wesley hymns to be released in both English and Spanish. Considered of one of the most noted writers of Christian hymnals with a staggering output that included 6,000 documented works, this collection features the acclaimed ensemble, and commissioned for this piece by the Foundation: The Choral Arts Society of Washington's Chamber Singers in a selection of his most popular hymns, with the premiere of some translations heard for the first time.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Wesley, Charles : O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Ensemble: Choral Arts Society of Washington Chamber Singers
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Maker, in Whom We Live, hymn for trumpet, chorus & organ
  • Performers: Terry Bingham (Trumpet); J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Praise the Lord Who Reigns Above, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Hark! the Herlad Angels Sing, hymn for trumpet, chorus, timpani & organ
  • Performers: Terry Bingham (Trumpet); Julie Boehler (Timbales); J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : O Love Divine, What Hast Thou Done, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Christ the Lord is Risen Today, hymn for trumpet, chorus, timpani & organ
  • Performers: Terry Bingham (Trumpet); Julie Boehler (Timbales); J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Lo, He Comes with Clouds Descending, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Spirit of Faith, Come Down, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Come, Holy Ghost, Our Hearts Inspire, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Ye Servants of God, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Come, Sinners, to the Gospel Feast, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Rejoice, the Lord is King, hymn for trumpet, chorus & organ
  • Performers: Terry Bingham (Trumpet); J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Christ, Whose Glory Fills the Skies, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : And Can it Be that I Should Gain, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Come, O Thou Traveler Unknown, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performers: Michael Boyce (Voice); Rosa Lamoreaux (Soprano); J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : A Charge to Keep I Have, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : O for a Heart to Praise My God, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Forth in Thy Name, O Lord, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performers: J. Lewis (Organ); Michael McKeon (Voice)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 54 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Jesus, Lover of My Soul, hymn for chorus & organ
  • Performer: J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical

>Wesley, Charles : Love Divine, All Loves Excelling, hymn for trumpet, chorus, timpani & organ
  • Performers: Terry Bingham (Trumpet); Julie Boehler (Timbales); J. Lewis (Organ)
  • Conductor: Scott Tucker
  • Notes: National Presbyterian Church, Washington DC (07/19/2015-07/23/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical