1 800 222 6872

Live in New York - Prokofiev: Sonata no. 7; Liszt: La leggierezza; Chopin: Etude, Op. 10/4; Nacturne Op. 15/1; Scherzo No. 3; Schumann: Fantasia Op. 17 / Martha Argerich, piano (rec. 1966)

Album Summary

>Prokofiev, Sergey : Sonata for Piano no 7 in B flat major ("War Sonata 2/Stalingrad"), Op. 83
>Liszt, Franz : La Leggierezza, for piano in F minor (Grandes études de concert no 2) , S. 144/2 (LW A118/2)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 4 in C sharp minor, Op. 10/4, CT. 17
>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 4 in F major, Op. 15/1, CT. 111
>Chopin, Frédéric : Barcarolle for Piano in F sharp major, B 158/Op. 60
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 157/Op. 59
>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 3 in C sharp minor, B 125/Op. 39
>Schumann, Robert : Fantasia in C major, Op. 17
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The complete Carnegie Hall debut of the then 25 year old Martha Argerich in 1966 is the subject of this marvelous collection highlighting as it does her incipient musical gifts that continue to enthrall audiences today. Argerich's performance can be appreciated with the uncommonly good technical quality this recording possesses, and her program which included Prokofiev, Liszt, Chopin and Schumann hint delectably at the nascency of the legend she would go on and continues to build.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: New York, Carnegie Hall (01/1966).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Prokofiev, Sergey : Sonata for Piano no 7 in B flat major ("War Sonata 2/Stalingrad"), Op. 83
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 15 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1939-1942
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Liszt, Franz : La Leggierezza, for piano in F minor (Grandes études de concert no 2) , S. 144/2 (LW A118/2)
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1848
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Chopin, Frédéric : Etude for piano no 4 in C sharp minor, Op. 10/4, CT. 17
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1832
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Chopin, Frédéric : Nocturne for piano no 4 in F major, Op. 15/1, CT. 111
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Chopin, Frédéric : Barcarolle for Piano in F sharp major, B 158/Op. 60
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 1 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1845-1845
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurkas (3) for Piano, B 157/Op. 59
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1845
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Chopin, Frédéric : Scherzo for Piano no 3 in C sharp minor, B 125/Op. 39
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1839
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Fantasia in C major, Op. 17
  • Performer: Martha Argerich (Piano)
  • Running Time: 27 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1836
  • Studio/Live: Live