- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection" (Arr. for 2 Pianos): I. Allegro maestoso
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection" (Arr. for 2 Pianos): II. Andante moderato $0.99 on iTunes
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection" (Arr. for 2 Pianos): III. in ruhig fließender Bewegung
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection" (Arr. for 2 Pianos): IV. Urlicht. Sehr feierlich, aber schlicht $0.99 on iTunes
- Mahler — Symphony No. 2 in C Minor "Resurrection" (Arr. for 2 Pianos): V. Finale. Im Tempo des Scherzos
Notes & Reviews:
World-renowned conductor Bruno Walter was particularly well acquainted with Gustav Mahler's work, and was employed as his assistant at the Hamburg Opera at the time Mahler's Second Symphony was given its premiere in Berlin. Walter prepared his precise and imaginative "reduction for piano" soon afterwards and inclose collaboration with the composer. Bruno Walter regarded the "Resurrection" Symphony as one of his mentor's key wroks, from the "dramatic struggles" of the first movement to the "lighning bolt" that inspired its sublime choral finale.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Fanny Hensel Mendelssohn Saal, University of Music and (03/22/2013).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Jan Van der Roost (b.1956): Spartacus, symphonic tone poem; Poeme Montagnard; Sinfonietta 'Suito Sketches' / Philharmonic Winds OSAKAN, Van der Roost
Manhattan Intermezzo - Neil Sedaka: Manhattan Intermezzo (2008); Keith Emerson: Piano Concerto No. 1 (1976); Duke Ellington: New World a-Comin' (1943); Gershwin: Rhapsody in Blue / Jeffrey Biegel, piano
Krzysztof Meyer (b.1943): Piano Trio, Op. 50; Misterioso, Op. 83 for violin & piano; Moment musical, for cello solo; Canzona for cello & piano; Imaginary Variations for violin & piano
Carl Czerny (1791-1857): Grand Concerto in A minor; Grand Nocturne Brillant / Rosemary Tuck, piano; English Chamber Orchestra, Richard Bonynge
Japanese Guitar Music, Vol. 2 - works by Takemitsu, Hiroshi Hara, Akira Miyoshi, Shin-ichiro Ikebe, Toshio Hosokawa / Shin-ichi Fukuda, guitar
Roberto Sierra (b.1953): Sinfonia No. 3 'La Salsa'; Borikén; El Baile; Beyond the Silence of Sorrow / Martha Guth, soprano; Puerto Rico SO, Valdés
Opera Fantasies for Violin, Vol. 2 - music of Verdi, Tchaikovsky, Hagen, Sarasate, Gluck, Hubay, Martinu, Handel, Berger / Livia Sohn, violin; Benjamin Loeb, piano
Puccini: Preludio sinfonico; Rossini: Bassoon Concerto; Paganini: Concertino; Respighi: La boutique fantasque; Verdi: Capriccio for Bassoon & Orch. / Patrick De Ritis, bassoon
Franz Liszt: Transcriptions from Operas by Weber, Bellini, Erkel, Ernst Il von Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha / Han Chen, piano
Works DetailsMahler, Gustav : Symphony no 2 in C minor "Resurrection"
- Performers: Suhrud Athavale (Piano); Maasa Nakazawa (Piano)
- Running Time: 76 min. 19 sec.
- Period Time: Post Romantic
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1888-1894