- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: I. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: II. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: III. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: IV. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: V. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: VI. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: VII. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: VIII. — $0.99 on iTunes
- 3 Songs in 9 Movements: IX. — $0.99 on iTunes
- Douglas: I. — $0.99 on iTunes
- Douglas: II. — $0.99 on iTunes
- Douglas: III. — $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Danish composer Jeppe Just Christensen's music is all about recycling, nostalgia, instruments and toys. On this portrait album, curated by the chamber ensemble SCENATET, the composer himself appears with his unusual "band", Jeppe Just Instituttet, playing on self-invented, homemade or toy instruments such as egg slicer, coffee grinder, toy piano and melodica. Together, the two ensembles create a unique and delicate world of sounds, which is both the special starting point for the music and the source of its constant fascination.
Audio Mixer: Peter Barnow.
Liner Note Author: Henrik Friis.
Recording information: Studiet På Frederikksberg (06/12/2015-06/17/2015); The Royal Danish Academy of Music, Copenhagen (06/12/2015-06/17/2015); Studiet På Frederikksberg (09/01/2015); The Royal Danish Academy of Music, Copenhagen (09/01/2015).
Editors: Peter Barnow; Jeppe Just Christensen.
Photographers: Hanne Jorgensen; Alexander Banck-Petersen.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
The The Peärls Before Swïne Experience
Dusan Bogdanovic (b.1955): Guitar Music / Angelo Marchesi, guitar
John Persen (1941-2014): Electronic Works
Paul Lansky (b.1944): Spirals; Three Moves; Idle Fancies / Gwendolyn Dease, marimba
Henk Badings (1907-1987): Symphonies Nos. 4 & 5 / Bochumer Symphoniker, David Porcelijn
Roberto Sierra (b.1953): Sinfonia No. 3 'La Salsa'; Borikén; El Baile; Beyond the Silence of Sorrow / Martha Guth, soprano; Puerto Rico SO, Valdés
Krzysztof Meyer (b.1943): Piano Trio, Op. 50; Misterioso, Op. 83 for violin & piano; Moment musical, for cello solo; Canzona for cello & piano; Imaginary Variations for violin & piano
Lene Grenager (b.1969): Smilodon; Cello Concerto; The Operation / Hakon Stene, percussion; Rolf Borch, contrabass clarinet; Tanja Orning, cello. Arctic Phil. Sinf.
Simon Christensen (b.1971): Manifest - But There's No Need To Shout - Music for string quartet