- Into the Blue (Into the Blue)
- Blue Moods (Into the Blue) $1.29 on iTunes
- Wild and Blue (Into the Blue)
- Midnight Blue (Return of the Tempel) $1.29 on iTunes
- Return of the Tempel (Return of the Tempel)
- Blue Spirits (Return of the Tempel) $1.29 on iTunes
- True Blue (Return of the Tempel) $1.29 on iTunes
- Aubade (Serenade in Blue) $1.29 on iTunes
- Kind of Blue (Serenade in Blue)
- Blue Hour (Serenade in Blue) $1.29 on iTunes
- Serenade (Serenade in Blue) $1.29 on iTunes
- Musique Abstract (Live) $1.29 on iTunes
- Return of the Tempel 2 (Live)
- Out of the Blue 2 (Live)
Personnel: Klaus Schulze (keyboards, synthesizer, computer).
Audio Mixer: Klaus D. Mueller.
Liner Note Authors: Albrecht Piltz; Cuthbert J. Twillie.
Recording information: Moldau Musik Studio (11/1994-12/1994).
Photographer: Elfi Schulze.
Translators: Markus Schurr; Nigel Pemberton.
In Blue is a double CD from the great Klaus Schulze. This set has almost 160 minutes of pure "Klaustrophobia." That means that these three long-form compositions are full of sequences, dense atmospheres, and drawn-out synth washes. Schulze invited Manuel Göttsching, his former Ash Ra Tempel partner, to play guitar on one of the compositions, "Return of the Tempel." Each of the compositions has several movements, each relating to blue -- the color or the mood. Schulze is in rare form on this set. It has textures and timbres of minimalism. The sequences are gentle and subtle. It had been four years since Schulze had done a regular studio album and this -- after a Wahnfried disc, a classical CD, an opera, and a live release -- is refreshing. He shows that he is just as adept at ambient as he is at the Berlin school. ~ Jim Brenholts