1 800 222 6872

Mozart: Keyboard Music, Vols. 8 & 9 / Kristian Bezuidenhout, fortepiano

Album Summary

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 15 in C major ("Sonata semplice") K. 545
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (8) on "Dieu d'amour," for piano in F major, K. 352 (K. 374c)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Suite for piano in C major (fragment), K. 399 (K. 385i)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Minuet for Piano in D major, K 355 (576b)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Gigue for Keyboard in G major, K 574
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Kleiner Trauermarsch (Little Funeral March) for piano in C minor, (K. 453a)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 2 in F major, K. 280 (K. 189e)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (9) for Piano in D major on a Minuet by Duport, K 573
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Modulating Prelude in F major/C major, K. Anh. C 15.11
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 1 in C major, K. 279 (K. 189d)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Allegro for piano in B flat major (fragment), K. 400 (K. 372a)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Allegro for Piano in G minor, K 312 (590d) [Fragment]
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Preludes (4) for piano, K. 284a
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (12) for Piano on a Minuet by J C Fischer, K 179 (189a)
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D major ("Trumpet", "Hunt"), K. 576
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

With this release, fortepianist Kristian Bezuidenhout brings to a close his universally acclaimed Mozart Keyboard Music cycle. The selections on these final volumes range from the most famous Piano Sonata K545 to the lesser-known Fragments K312 and K400. This two disc set completes a collection that is now the benchmark standard for these works.

Gramophone Magazine, January 2016
Find yourself pulled in to an interpretation born of searching musical intelligence. Bezuidenhout plumbs depths rarely reached, affirming too that any score is a dead letter - unless nuances, inflections and aspects of emotional rhetoric that cannot be notated are discerned, felt and expressed.

The Guardian, 14th January 2016
Articulation sparkles and ornaments are neat; slow movements sing like arias and he has fun giving weight to the Rondo themes; virtuosity buzzes under the surface but never becomes the focal point. On his modern keyboard - a Czech copy of an 1805 Viennese instrument - the sound is sweet, nutty and declamatory. Above all, Bezuidenhout knows how to make a fortepiano sing.

Sunday Times, 6th March 2016
These discs maintain the brilliant standards of previous issues. One of the South African Bezuidenhout's great qualities is the naturalness of his ornamentation. It springs from the music, as opposed to being added on because it's the thing to do...A treat.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall, London (01/2013); Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall, London (05/2013); Air Studios, Lyndhurst Hall, London (12/2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 15 in C major ("Sonata semplice") K. 545
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1788

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (8) on "Dieu d'amour," for piano in F major, K. 352 (K. 374c)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1781

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Suite for piano in C major (fragment), K. 399 (K. 385i)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1782

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Minuet for Piano in D major, K 355 (576b)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1789

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Gigue for Keyboard in G major, K 574
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1789

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Kleiner Trauermarsch (Little Funeral March) for piano in C minor, (K. 453a)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 5 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1784

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 2 in F major, K. 280 (K. 189e)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 17 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1775

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (9) for Piano in D major on a Minuet by Duport, K 573
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1789

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Modulating Prelude in F major/C major, K. Anh. C 15.11
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 24 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1776-1777

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 1 in C major, K. 279 (K. 189d)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 20 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1775

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Allegro for piano in B flat major (fragment), K. 400 (K. 372a)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 17 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1781

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Allegro for Piano in G minor, K 312 (590d) [Fragment]
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1790

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Preludes (4) for piano, K. 284a
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 10/1777

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Variations (12) for Piano on a Minuet by J C Fischer, K 179 (189a)
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 19 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1774

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 17 in D major ("Trumpet", "Hunt"), K. 576
  • Performer: Kristian Bezuidenhout (Fortepiano)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 23 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1789