1 800 222 6872

Bonifazio Graziani (1604-1664): Cantatas, Op. 25 / Consortium Carissimi, Garrick Comeaux

Album Summary

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Siamo qui suore fatali, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/11
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Ecco aperto l'Abisso, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/12
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Mobile nave è nostra vita, for 2 voices & continuo, Op. 25/4
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Germoglino & Combattino, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/8-9
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Non ho voglia di penar più, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/10
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Generoso pensiero, for voice & continuo, Op. 25/3
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Crudelissime spine & Acutissimi chiodi, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/14-15
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Peccator dimmi perche?, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/7
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Gran tesoro de' Morali, for 2 voices & continuo, Op. 25/5
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Su lieto mio cuore, for voice & continuo, Op. 25/2
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Amici Pastori, for 2 voices & continuo, Op. 25/6
>Graziani, Bonifazio : Mal'accorto persier, for 4 voices & continuo, Op. 25/16
Performers Conductor Ensemble Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Now emerging as one of the most distinguished artists of the mid-seventeenth century Roman baroque period, Bonifazio Graziani served as maestro di cappella at the Jesuit Church in Rome. Graziani preferred the genre of the solo cantata for one, two, three, and four voices, much like his great contemporary, Giacomo Carissimi. The motets, or liturgical cantatas, from Musiche sagre e morali, are distinguished for their incredibly differing subject matter. The topics range from Lenten penitential and Advent themes to philosophies on the meaning of life, such as Mal'accorto pensier.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, (07/21/2014-07/25/2014).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Siamo qui suore fatali, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/11
  • Performers: Roy Heilman; Linh Kauffman; Michelle Liebl
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Ecco aperto l'Abisso, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/12
  • Performers: Roy Heilman; Linh Kauffman; Michelle Liebl
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 14 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Mobile nave è nostra vita, for 2 voices & continuo, Op. 25/4
  • Performers: Roy Heilman; Linh Kauffman
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Germoglino & Combattino, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/8-9
  • Performers: Heather Cogswell; Roy Heilman; Clara Osowski
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Non ho voglia di penar più, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/10
  • Performers: Bergen Baker; Linh Kauffman; Clara Osowski
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Generoso pensiero, for voice & continuo, Op. 25/3
  • Performer: Linh Kauffman
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Crudelissime spine & Acutissimi chiodi, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/14-15
  • Performers: Roy Heilman; Clara Osowski; Douglas Shambo (Baritone)
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Peccator dimmi perche?, for 3 voices & continuo, Op. 25/7
  • Performers: Bergen Baker; Roy Heilman; Clara Osowski
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 10 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Gran tesoro de' Morali, for 2 voices & continuo, Op. 25/5
  • Performers: Bergen Baker; Linh Kauffman
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Su lieto mio cuore, for voice & continuo, Op. 25/2
  • Performer: Bergen Baker
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Amici Pastori, for 2 voices & continuo, Op. 25/6
  • Performers: Michelle Liebl; Clara Osowski
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 7 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio

>Graziani, Bonifazio : Mal'accorto persier, for 4 voices & continuo, Op. 25/16
  • Performers: Bergen Baker; Roy Heilman; Linh Kauffman; Michelle Liebl
  • Conductor: Garrick Comeaux
  • Ensemble: Consortium Carissimi
  • Notes: The Church of Saint Mary of the Purification, Marytown, Shakopee, MN, USA (07/21/2014-07/25/2014)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 8 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque