Notes & Reviews:
Johann Sebastian Bach's St. John Passion was written for Holy Week in 1724, directly after Bach was appointed as cantor of St. Thomas's Church in Leipzig. St. John's Passion is a true Baroque masterpiece, and still retains all of its vivacity and brightness nearly three centuries after its composition. This recording is brilliantly performed by the Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks alongside Concerto Köln, both highly recognized and admired ensembles.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: BR Studios, Munich, Germany (03/04/2015-03/07/2015); München, Herkulessaal der Residenz (03/04/2015-03/07/2015); BR Studios, Munich, Germany (2015-09-16_2015-09-20&2015-); München, Herkulessaal der Residenz (2015-09-16_2015-09-20&2015-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsBach, Johann Sebastian : Saint John Passion, BWV 245
- Conductor: Peter Dijkstra
- Ensemble: Concerto Köln
- Notes: München, Herkulessaal der Residenz (03/04/2015-03/07/2015)
- Running Time: 92 min. 23 sec.
- Period Time: Baroque
- Written: 04/07/1724
- Studio/Live: Live
Vanhoefer, Markus : Wege zur Musik :: Johann Sebastian Bach - Johannes-Passion, an introduction with musical examples
- Notes: BR Studios, Munich, Germany (09/10/2015); BR Studios, Munich, Germany (09/16/2015-09/20/2015)
- Running Time: 4 min. 55 sec.
- Period Time: Contemporary