1 800 222 6872

Lullabies for Mila - works by Grieg, Rachmaninov, J.S. Bach, Brahms, Rachmaninov, Beethoven, Scriabin, Mozart / Alessio Bax, piano

Album Summary

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces Book Five, Op. 54
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 4 in D minor, Op. 23/3
>Siloti, Alexander : Air, transcription in D major for piano (after Bach, BWV 1068)
>Siloti, Alexander : Siciliano, transcription for piano (after Bach, BWV 1031)
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 208, "Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!" (Hunt) BWV 208
>Brahms, Johannes : Pieces (8) for Piano, Op. 76
>Brahms, Johannes : Waltzes (16) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 39
>Brahms, Johannes : Waltz for piano, 4 hands in E major, Op. 39/2
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Vocalise, transcription for piano, Op. 34/14
>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata no 14 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 27, no 2 ("Moonlight")
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Keyboard Concerto in F Minor, BWV 1056
>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin no 1 in G Minor, BWV 1001
>Siloti, Alexander : Andante, transcription for piano in A minor (after Bach, BWV 1003)
>Scriabin, Alexander : Pieces (2) for Piano left hand, Op. 9
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude in G-Flat Major, Op. 23, no 10
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 27 in B-Flat major, K. 595
Performers Conductor Ensemble
  • >
Composers
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >
  • >

Notes & Reviews:

Alessio Bax dedicates an album to his daughter Mila, compiling works from his past Signum albums - including performances with Lucille Chung and Southbank Sinfonia - as well as a new recording of the Nocturne from Grieg's Lyric Pieces. Alessio begins the album with a touching dedication: "This album is not only a carefully curated playlist of soothing classics to calm a baby and perhaps make him or her fall asleep quicker. It is also a gift from parents to their children, with the hope that they will share music with their loved ones, not just to entertain them but also to enrich their lives. It is a gift from me to other parents, so that at the end of what might have been a challenging and difficult day, they might put their feet up and enjoy a seamless stream of great music spanning three centuries. And it is a little gift from me to my daughter that I hope will enable me, one day, to say thank you for everything she has done and will continue to do to for us and for this world."

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: The Britten Studio, Snape Maltings, Saxmundham, UK (01/2015).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Grieg, Edvard : Lyric Pieces Book Five, Op. 54 :: Nocturne
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Vocal
  • Written: 1889-1891

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 4 in D minor, Op. 23/3
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1903

>Siloti, Alexander : Air, transcription in D major for piano (after Bach, BWV 1068)
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Siloti, Alexander : Siciliano, transcription for piano (after Bach, BWV 1031)
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Cantata no 208, "Was mir behagt, ist nur die muntre Jagd!" (Hunt) BWV 208 :: Sheep May Safely Graze
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 15 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Cantata/Oratorio
  • Written: 02/23/1713

>Brahms, Johannes : Pieces (8) for Piano, Op. 76 :: Intermezzo in A major, Op. 76/6
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 44 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1878

>Brahms, Johannes : Waltzes (16) for Piano 4 hands, Op. 39
  • Performers: Alessio Bax (Piano); Lucille Chung (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1865

>Brahms, Johannes : Waltz for piano, 4 hands in E major, Op. 39/2
  • Performers: Alessio Bax (Piano); Lucille Chung (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 9 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1865

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Vocalise, transcription for piano, Op. 34/14
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 22 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Beethoven, Ludwig van : Sonata no 14 in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 27, no 2 ("Moonlight") :: Allegretto
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1801

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Keyboard Concerto in F Minor, BWV 1056 :: Largo
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1738

>Brahms, Johannes : Pieces (8) for Piano, Op. 76 :: Intermezzo in A flat major, Op. 76/3
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1878

>Bach, Johann Sebastian : Sonata for Violin no 1 in G Minor, BWV 1001 :: Siciliana
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1720

>Siloti, Alexander : Andante, transcription for piano in A minor (after Bach, BWV 1003)
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 50 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic

>Scriabin, Alexander : Pieces (2) for Piano left hand, Op. 9
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude in G-Flat Major, Op. 23, no 10 :: Largo
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1903

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Concerto for Piano no 27 in B-Flat major, K. 595 :: Larghetto
  • Performer: Alessio Bax (Piano)
  • Conductor: Simon Over
  • Running Time: 8 min. 40 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Form: Concerto
  • Written: 1791