1 800 222 6872

Domenico Scarlatti (1685-1757): Keyboard Sonatas / Angela Hewitt, piano

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D minor, K 9/L 413
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 159/L 104
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 87/L 33
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 29/L 461
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 113/L 345
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 430/L 463
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 8/L 488
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 13/L 486
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 27/L 449
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 140/L 107
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D minor
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 69/L 382
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 427/L 286
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A minor, K 109/L 138
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in E major, K. 380 (L. 23) "Cortège"
Performer Composer

Notes & Reviews:

Canadian Baroque keyboard specialist par excellence Angela Hewitt turns to the rich seam of Domenico Scarlatti's keyboard sonatas. The prolific Italian composer wrote over 555 sonatas in his lifetime. For this collection, Hewitt performs sixteen of the composer's finest sonatas, including the ever-popular Sonata in E Major, Kk380.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D minor, K 9/L 413
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in C major, K 159/L 104
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 87/L 33
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 29/L 461
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A major, K 113/L 345
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 430/L 463
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 19 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G minor, K 8/L 488
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 13/L 486
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in B minor, K 27/L 449
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1738-1739

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 140/L 107
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 13 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D minor
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in F minor, K 69/L 382
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1742

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in G major, K 427/L 286
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 29 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in A minor, K 109/L 138
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 8 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for Harpsichord in D major, K 96/L 465
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in E major, K. 380 (L. 23) "Cortège"
  • Performer: Angela Hewitt (Piano)
  • Notes: Beethovensaal, Hannover (02/25/2015-02/27/2015)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757