Notes & Reviews:
Robert Schumann's dramatic poem Manfred Op.115, by Lord Byron's eponymous poem, combines dramatic and oratorical elements equally. And in the position between different genres lies the fascination and the novelty of the concept of the 1852 premiered work. Regrettably, only the effective Overture has a secured place in the repertoire, and also recordings are rare. The recording at Ars Produktion thus represents an important addition to the Schumann Discography.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Theater Münster, im Rahmen eines Sinfoniekonzertes (04/28/2015-05/03/2015).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsSchumann, Robert : Manfred, Op. 115
- Performers: Lisa Wedekind; Lukas Schmid; Stephan Wimmer; Eva Bauchmuller; Soon Shim
- Conductor: Fabrizio Ventura
- Ensemble: Sinfonieorchester Munster
- Notes: Theater Münster, im Rahmen eines Sinfoniekonzertes (04/28/2015-05/03/2015)
- Running Time: 49 min. 29 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Written: 1848-1849
- Studio/Live: Live