- Prokofiev — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op. 100: I. Andante (Live)
- Prokofiev — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op. 100: II. Allegro marcato (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Prokofiev — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op. 100: III. Adagio (Live)
- Prokofiev — Symphony No. 5 in B-Flat Major, Op. 100: IV. Allegro giocoso (Live)
Notes & Reviews:
While many composers find success with one or two genres, Russian composer Sergei Prokofiev excelled at piano works, symphonies, ballets, chamber music, film scores, concertos, and operas. Prokofiev studied composition under Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, and while the old Russian school can be heard in his compositions, Prokofiev found his own voice amid the flux and turmoil of Russia at the turn of the twentieth century. Prokofiev's fifth symphony, which is featured on this recording, was composed during the summer of 1944 in only one month's time. Conductor Mariss Jansons leads the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra for this magnificent recording.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Concertgebouw Amsterdam (2014-09-17_2014-09-19&2014-).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsProkofiev, Sergey : Symphony no 5 in B flat major, Op. 100
- Conductor: Mariss Jansons
- Ensemble: Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra
- Notes: Concertgebouw Amsterdam (2014-09-17_2014-09-19&2014-)
- Running Time: 42 min. 27 sec.
- Period Time: Modern
- Form: Orchestral
- Written: 1944
- Studio/Live: Live