1 800 222 6872

'Vertigo' - works for harpsichord by Jean-Philippe Rameau & Pancrace Royer / Jean Rondeau, harpsichord

Album Summary

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Prélude for harpsichord in A minor (Premier livre de pièces de clavecin)
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Allemande for harpsichord in C minor (Book 1)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Tendres plaintes, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Niais de Sologne & Doubles (2), for harpsichord in D major (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : L'Entretien des Muses, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Les Matelots, for harpsichord in D minor
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Tambourins (2), for harpsichord in D minor
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Le Vertigo, rondeau for harpsichord in G minor
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Zaïde, rondeau for harpsichord in D major
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Marche des Scythes, for harpsichord in C minor (Book 1)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Sarabande for harpsichord in A major (Nouvelles suites)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Musette en rondeau, for harpsichord in E major (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Tambourin, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Minuet
>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Sauvages, for harpsichord in G minor (Nouvelles suites)
>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : L'Aimable, for harpsichord in G minor
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

In the 16 tracks on 'Vertigo' he creates a dramatic structure, paying homage to the form of the opera-ballet with a prelude (which includes an overture a la francaise) and three entrees ( acts): the first honors Poetry, the second Music and the third Dance. Vertigo was recorded at the 18th century Chateau d'Assas near Montpellier in southern France, a venue closely associated with the harpsichordist Scott Ross (1951-1989), whose epoch-making box of the complete Scarlatti sonatas was re-released on Erato in 2014.

Gramophone Magazine, April 2016
Rondeau has developed an affinity for [the harpsichord] and a comfort in its presence that allow him to see in it its possibilities rather than its limitations... his agile and rock-solid finger technique means that Rameau's Les Niais de Sologne and Royer's La marche des Scythes can thrill as they should while never trampling on the gorgeous deep tone of the magnificent instrument... there is no doubt that he is a player of immense ability from whom we reasonably may hope for much.

BBC Music Magazine, July 2016
[Rondeau's] performance of Le vertigo is a thing of pugilistic wonder, flouncing around like an operatic diva succumbing to a hissy fit... he cuts a virtuosic swathe through Royer's Marche des scythes, and tantalises with Tambourins... the opening PrTlude [of Les niais de Sologne] is elaborated with a languid soulfulness ever alert to Rameau's anguished harmonies.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review

Works Details

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Prélude for harpsichord in A minor (Premier livre de pièces de clavecin)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Allemande for harpsichord in C minor (Book 1)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 11 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1746

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Tendres plaintes, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 42 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Niais de Sologne & Doubles (2), for harpsichord in D major (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : L'Entretien des Muses, for harpsichord in D minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Les Matelots, for harpsichord in D minor
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 2 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Tambourins (2), for harpsichord in D minor
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : Le Vertigo, rondeau for harpsichord in G minor
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Zaïde, rondeau for harpsichord in D major
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 7 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : La Marche des Scythes, for harpsichord in C minor (Book 1)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Form: March
  • Written: 1746

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Sarabande for harpsichord in A major (Nouvelles suites)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Musette en rondeau, for harpsichord in E major (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 28 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Tambourin, for harpsichord in E minor (Pièces de clavecin avec une méthode)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 12 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Minuet
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Rameau, Jean-Philippe : Les Sauvages, for harpsichord in G minor (Nouvelles suites)
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque

>Royer, Joseph-Nicolas-Pan : L'Aimable, for harpsichord in G minor
  • Performer: Jean Rondeau (Harpsichord)
  • Notes: Chapelle du Chateau d'Assas (05/17/2015-05/22/2015)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 34 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque