1 800 222 6872

Claudio Abbado: The Last Concert - Felix Mendelssohn: A Midsummer Night's Dream; Hector Berlioz: Fantastical Symphony / Berliner Philharmoniker, Claudio Abbado

Album Summary

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts)
>Berlioz, Hector : Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
Performers Conductor Ensembles Composers

Notes & Reviews:

Claudio Abbado (1933-2014) was one of the outstanding personalities in the history of the Berliner Philharmoniker. He made his debut with the orchestra in 1966, and was its chief conductor from 1989 to 2002. In May 2013, this unique partnership ended with Claudio Abbado's last concert with the Philharmoniker. The program included two of the most important works of musical Romanticism: Hector Berlioz's visionary Symphonie fantastique and Felix Mendelssohn's magical, shimmering music for A Midsummer Night's Dream. Audio and video recordings of this unforgettable evening are now being released in a hardcover luxury edition.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: Overture, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Ensemble: Berliner Philharmoniker
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 4 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 1 Scherzo
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 3 Song with Chorus (Lied mit Chor)
  • Performers: Stella Doufexis (Mezzo Soprano); Doborah York
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 5 Intermezzo
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 58 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 7 Notturno
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 45 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 9 Wedding March [Hochzeitsmarsch]
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 55 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 13 Finale
  • Performer: Doborah York
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Berlioz, Hector : Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 109 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 04/1830
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: Overture, Op. 21
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 12 min. 6 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 1 Scherzo
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 47 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 3 Song with Chorus (Lied mit Chor)
  • Performers: Stella Doufexis (Mezzo Soprano); Doborah York
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 14 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 5 Intermezzo
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 59 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 7 Notturno
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 9 Wedding March [Hochzeitsmarsch]
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 56 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mendelssohn, Felix : Ein Sommernachtstraum Op. 61 (Excerpts) :: no 13 Finale
  • Performer: Doborah York
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 26 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1843
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Berlioz, Hector : Symphonie fantastique, Op. 14
  • Conductor: Claudio Abbado
  • Notes: Berlin Philharmonie (2013-05-18&2013-05-19&2013-)
  • Running Time: 109 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Form: Orchestral
  • Written: 04/1830
  • Studio/Live: Live