1 800 222 6872

Benjamin Godard (1849-1895): Melodies / Tassis Christoyannis, tenor; Je Cohen, piano

Audio Samples

  1. Benjamin Godard — 12 Songs, Op. 19: VI. Te souviens-tu $0.99 on iTunes
  2. Benjamin Godard — Le Banc de pierre $0.99 on iTunes
  3. Benjamin Godard — 12 Songs, Op. 10: IX. Dieu, qui sourit et qui donne $0.99 on iTunes
  4. Benjamin Godard — 12 Songs, Op. 10: V. Jacotte $0.99 on iTunes
  5. Benjamin Godard — Six fables de La Fontaine, Op. 17: I. La Laitière et le Pot-au-lait $0.99 on iTunes
  6. Benjamin Godard — Six fables de La Fontaine, Op. 17: II. La Cigale et la Foumi $0.99 on iTunes
  7. Benjamin Godard — Six fables de La Fontaine, Op. 17: III. Le Renaurd et le Corbeau $0.99 on iTunes
  8. Benjamin Godard — Six fables de La Fontaine, Op. 17: IV. Le Coche et la Mouche $0.99 on iTunes
  9. Benjamin Godard — Six fables de La Fontaine, Op. 17: V. Le Renard et les Raisins $0.99 on iTunes
  10. Benjamin Godard — Six fables de La Fontaine, Op. 17: VI. Le Rat de ville et le Rat des champs $0.99 on iTunes
  11. Benjamin Godard — Les Pastorales, Op. 29: Les Adieux du berger (extrait) $0.99 on iTunes
  12. Benjamin Godard — 12 Songs, Op. 7: X. Elle $0.99 on iTunes
  13. Benjamin Godard — 12 Songs, Op.11: V. Chanson du berger $0.99 on iTunes
  14. Benjamin Godard — Nouvelles chansons du vieux temps, Op. 24: I. Suis-je belle ? $0.99 on iTunes
  15. Benjamin Godard — Nouvelles chansons du vieux temps, Op. 24: II. Printemps $0.99 on iTunes
  16. Benjamin Godard — Nouvelles chansons du vieux temps, Op. 24: III. Menuet $0.99 on iTunes
  17. Benjamin Godard — Nouvelles chansons du vieux temps, Op. 24: IV. Chanson de Malherbe $0.99 on iTunes
  18. Benjamin Godard — Nouvelles chansons du vieux temps, Op. 24: V. Vaudeville $0.99 on iTunes
  19. Benjamin Godard — Printemps $0.99 on iTunes
  20. Benjamin Godard — Guitare $0.99 on iTunes
  21. Benjamin Godard — Chanson $0.99 on iTunes
  22. Benjamin Godard — 12 Songs, Op. 10: VI. La Ménétrier $0.99 on iTunes
  23. Benjamin Godard — Si mes vers avaient des ailes $0.99 on iTunes

Album Summary

>Godard, Benjamin : Te souviens-tu?, for voice & piano, Op. 19/6
>Godard, Benjamin : Le Banc de pierre, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/7
>Godard, Benjamin : Je ne veux pas d'autres choses, song for voice & piano, Op. 11/1
>Godard, Benjamin : Dieu, qui sourit et qui donne, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/9
>Godard, Benjamin : Jacotte, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/5
>Godard, Benjamin : Fables de La Fontaine, for voice & piano, Op. 17
>Godard, Benjamin : L'invitation au voyage, song for voice & piano, Op. 114
>Godard, Benjamin : Les Adieux du berger, song for voice & piano, Op. 29/5
>Godard, Benjamin : Elle, song for voice & piano, Op. 7/10
>Godard, Benjamin : Chanson du berger, for voice & piano, Op. 11/5
>Godard, Benjamin : Nouvells Chansons du vieux temps, for voice & piano, Op. 24
>Godard, Benjamin : Le Printemps (The Spring), for voice & piano, Op. 113
>Godard, Benjamin : Guitare, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/11
>Godard, Benjamin : Chanson for voice & piano, Op. 7/4
>Godard, Benjamin : Le Ménétrier, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/6
>Godard, Benjamin : Message, song for voice & piano, Op. 147/1
Performers Composer

Notes & Reviews:

The mlodies of Benjamin Godard (1849-1895) are little-known, and yet, Godard was one of the most prolific composers in the genre. Focusing on opera after the success of his dramatic symphony Le Tasse in 1878, Godard composed several lyric works that overshadowed his 162 published songs. Today, they remain one of the most interesting parts of his catalogue. The pieces selected here by Tassis Christoyannis and Jeff Cohen, most of them recorded for the first time, illustrate the composer's literary sensibilities.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Théâtre Saint-Bonnet (Bourges) (11/2015).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Godard, Benjamin : Te souviens-tu?, for voice & piano, Op. 19/6
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 53 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Le Banc de pierre, song for voice & piano, Op. 19/7
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 46 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Je ne veux pas d'autres choses, song for voice & piano, Op. 11/1
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 25 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Dieu, qui sourit et qui donne, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/9
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Jacotte, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/5
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Fables de La Fontaine, for voice & piano, Op. 17
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1872-1879

>Godard, Benjamin : L'invitation au voyage, song for voice & piano, Op. 114
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 21 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Les Adieux du berger, song for voice & piano, Op. 29/5
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 20 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Elle, song for voice & piano, Op. 7/10
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 35 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Chanson du berger, for voice & piano, Op. 11/5
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 43 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Nouvells Chansons du vieux temps, for voice & piano, Op. 24
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Le Printemps (The Spring), for voice & piano, Op. 113
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 32 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Guitare, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/11
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Chanson for voice & piano, Op. 7/4
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 30 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Le Ménétrier, song for voice & piano, Op. 10/6
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic

>Godard, Benjamin : Message, song for voice & piano, Op. 147/1
  • Performers: Tassis Christoyannis; Jeff Cohen (Piano)
  • Running Time: 1 min. 41 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic