Notes & Reviews:
For its historical importance, declared Gramophone in reviewing the 1989 Munich recording reissued here, Catalani's seldom-performed La Wally deserves to be kept in the repertoire and periodically recorded. The opera requires "artists with glamour, presence, star quality", which the reviewer duly found in the "huge, gleaming and effortlessly produced" dramatic soprano of Eva Marton in the title role. Francisco Araiza and Alan Titus are the tenor and baritone leads in this performance of Catalani's masterpiece conducted by Pinchas Steinberg.Notes & Reviews:
Recording information: Studio 1, Bayerischer Rundfunk (10/06/1989-10/21/1989).
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Works DetailsCatalani, Alfredo : La Wally
- Performers: Francesco d'Artegna (Bass); Julie Kaufmann (Soprano); Alan Titus (Baritone)
- Conductor: Pinchas Steinberg
- Ensemble: Bavarian Radio Choir
- Notes: Studio 1, Bayerischer Rundfunk (10/06/1989-10/21/1989)
- Running Time: 3 min. 55 sec.
- Period Time: Romantic
- Form: Opera/Operetta
- Written: 1892