- 10,000 Grayhounds $0.99 on iTunes
- time After Time $0.99 on iTunes
- oneness (Studio Recording) $0.99 on iTunes
- Butterflies $0.99 on iTunes
- Red Rider $0.99 on iTunes
- Beautied-Out $0.99 on iTunes
- Pocket Socket $0.99 on iTunes
- chariot of Astral Light $0.99 on iTunes
- here today $0.99 on iTunes
- oneness (Home Recording) $0.99 on iTunes
- smile All the While $0.99 on iTunes
- My Friend $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
Singer/songwriter Tommy Peltier started in the 1960's as a trumpet player, releasing LP's with Roland Kirk under the name The Jazz Corps. In 1970, Tommy switched to guitar and vocals and formed a close friendship with Judee Sill that would last throughout her life. With an acid folk sound not unlike Tom Rapp & Pearls Before Swine, these early 1970's recordings with Judee are released for the first time. Besides Judee Sill on vocals, guitar and keyboards, the CD also features Lynn Blessing and Wolfgang Melz of the Gabor Szabo Quintet and Dave Parlato of Frank Zappa's Sleep Dirt LP. This enhanced CD also includes a video from 1973 of Peltier, Sill and others performing in a television studio. Black Beauty. 2005.
Personnel: Tommy Peltier (vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar, Farfisa); Judee Sill (vocals, guitar, organ, Farfisa); Pat Blessing (vocals); Art Johnson (guitar, electric guitar); David Bearden (harp); Lynn Blessing (organ, Farfisa).
Liner Note Author: Tommy Peltier.
Recording information: Capitol Records Studios (1971-1974); Epic Studios (1971-1974); Front Room Recording (1971-1974); RCA Studios (1971-1974).
Editors: Gary Hobish; Lyn Gaza.
Photographer: Shannon Peltier.
Arranger: Tommy Peltier.
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Free Spirits of Jazz (Jazz Corps (The))