- Chiapas (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Theme from Love Story (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- The Peanut Vendor (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Rhapsody in Blue (Live) [feat. Chuck Carter] $0.99 on iTunes
- Malaga (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Intermission Riff (Live) [feat. John Worster]
- Macarthur Park (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Ambivalence (Live) [feat. Chuck Carter] $0.99 on iTunes
- Malagueña (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
- Artistry in Rhythm (Live) $0.99 on iTunes
Album Remarks & Appraisals:
In 1972, after a break of several years, the Stan Kenton Orchestra went on tour through Europe. At this time Stan Kenton was preceded by his reputation as the legend of progressive jazz. The band was in top form and had new material in store - Bill Holman's Latin earworm Malaga, his arrangement of Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, or the title melody Love Story from the eponymous movie hit of 1971. This is a recording of the live performance from January 17th, 1972, in Stuttgart, Germany.
Personnel: Stan Kenton (piano); Ramon Lopez (banjo, tarogato, congas); Chuck Carter (flute, soprano saxophone); Quinn Davis (flute, alto saxophone); Richard Torres (flute, tenor saxophone); Kim Frizell (tenor saxophone); Jay Saunders, Joe Marcinkiewicz, Ray Brown , Mike Vax, Dennis Noday (trumpet); Dick Shearer, Fred Carter, Mike Jamieson (trombone); Phil Herring (bass trombone, tuba); Mike Wallace (bass trombone); John Von Ohlen (drums).
Audio Remasterers: Manfred Deppe; Andrea Walz.
Liner Note Author: Ralf Dombrowski.
Recording information: Liederhalle Stuttgart, Beethoven, Saal, Germany (01/17/1992).
Illustrator: Nik Merkulov.
Photographer: Nik Merkulov.
Translator: Jonathan Uhlaner.