1 800 222 6872

Horowitz in Moscow - Music of Scarlatti, Mozart, Rachmininov, Scriabin, Liszt, Chopin, Schumann, Moszkowski, Rachmaninov / Vladimir Horowitz, piano

Album Summary

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in E major, K. 380 (L. 23) "Cortège"
>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 10 in C major, K 330 (300h)
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 16 in G major, Op. 32/5
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 23 in G sharp minor, Op. 32/12
>Scriabin, Alexander : Pieces (3) for Piano, Op. 2
>Scriabin, Alexander : Etudes (12) for Piano, Op. 8
>Liszt, Franz : Soirées de Vienne, valse caprice for piano no 6 (I; after Schubert D. 969 & 779) S. 427/6 (LW A131/
>Liszt, Franz : Sonetto del Petrarca no 104 (Pace non trovo; II) for piano (Années II/5), S. 161/5 (LW A55/5)
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 21 in C sharp minor, Op. 30/4, CT. 71
>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 7 in F minor, Op. 7/3, CT. 58
>Schumann, Robert : Kinderszenen no 7 ("Träumerei"), for piano, Op. 15/7
>Moszkowski, Moritz : Étincelles, for piano, Op. 36/6
>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
Performer Composers

Notes & Reviews:

The Originals Series offers listeners the opportunity to explore key albums from the Yellow Label's LP era and experience the power and passion of performances by a host of visionary artists. Now DG welcomes ten new titles to the range, including one of the most famous piano recitals of all time: 82-year old Vladimir Horowitz's return to his homeland of Russia after more than 60 years. Includes works by Scarlatti, Mozart, Rachmaninov, Scriabin, Liszt, Chopin, Schumann and Moszkowski.

Music Week, London
The recording [... ] shows a master at work, a musician, a performer, sharing his enthusiasm for Scarlatti, Mozart, Rachmaninov, Chopin and others. Sparkling fingerwork, beautiful piano sound, commanding phrasing.

Notes & Reviews:

Recording information: Moscow, Conservatory (04/1986).



Reviews

There are currently no reviews, be the first one!
Login or Create an Account to write a review
 

Also Purchased

Works Details

>Scarlatti, Domenico : Sonata for keyboard in E major, K. 380 (L. 23) "Cortège"
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 16 sec.
  • Period Time: Baroque
  • Written: 1756-1757
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus : Sonata for Piano no 10 in C major, K 330 (300h)
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Notes: Composition written: 1783.
  • Running Time: 17 min. 18 sec.
  • Period Time: Classical
  • Written: 1783
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 16 in G major, Op. 32/5
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 48 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1910
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Prelude for piano no 23 in G sharp minor, Op. 32/12
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 51 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1910
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Scriabin, Alexander : Pieces (3) for Piano, Op. 2
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 39 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1886-1889
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Scriabin, Alexander : Etudes (12) for Piano, Op. 8
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 27 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Written: 1894
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Liszt, Franz : Soirées de Vienne, valse caprice for piano no 6 (I; after Schubert D. 969 & 779) S. 427/6 (LW A131/
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 6 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846-1852
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Liszt, Franz : Sonetto del Petrarca no 104 (Pace non trovo; II) for piano (Années II/5), S. 161/5 (LW A55/5)
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 5 min. 49 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1846
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 21 in C sharp minor, Op. 30/4, CT. 71
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 3 min. 36 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1837
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Chopin, Frédéric : Mazurka for piano no 7 in F minor, Op. 7/3, CT. 58
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 33 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1830-1832
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Schumann, Robert : Kinderszenen no 7 ("Träumerei"), for piano, Op. 15/7
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 38 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1838
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Moszkowski, Moritz : Étincelles, for piano, Op. 36/6
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 2 min. 52 sec.
  • Period Time: Post Romantic
  • Studio/Live: Live

>Rachmaninov, Sergey : Polka W.R., for piano in A flat major, TN ii/18
  • Performer: Vladimir Horowitz (Piano)
  • Running Time: 4 min. 3 sec.
  • Period Time: Romantic
  • Written: 1911
  • Studio/Live: Live