The emphasis is on ballads on this Roulette LP, with the great singer Sarah Vaughan backed by a string section arranged and conducted by her regular pianist Jimmy Jones (although on this set Ronnell Bright actually does the piano playing). Trumpeter Harry "Sweets" Edison contributes some soft, melodic trumpet but the focus is very much on the singer during such numbers as "The More I See You," "Star Eyes," "My Ideal," and "Crazy He Calls Me." ~ Scott Yanow
ReviewsThere are currently no reviews, be the first one!
- Great Ladies of Jazz [United Multi License] (Fitzgerald, Ella)
- Passing Strangers (Eckstine, Billy)
- Les 5 Plus Grandes Divas Du Jazz [Box] (Washington, Dinah)
- Essential Jazz Divas (Fitzgerald, Ella)
- From Sassy to Divine: The Sarah Vaughan Project [D (Callaway, Ann Hampton)